1856 - 1948
||Katherine Mohr  |
||13 Jun 1856
||Grüner Berg, Germany 
||the United States
||Oakland, Alameda County, California 
- Kate Johnson (sic), wife, white, female, born in June 1857, age 42, married, married for 16 years, mother of 5 children, 5 of these children living, born in Germany, father born in Germany, mother born in Germany, immigrated to the US in 1871, number of years in the US: 29, could read, could write, could speak English
||Shasta County, California 
- Katherine Johnstone, mother, female, white, age 62, widowed, year of immigration to the US: 1879, naturalized, year of citizenship: 1889, could read, could write, born in Germany, mother tongue German, father's birthplace Germany, father's mother tongue German, mother's birthplace Germany, mother's mother tongue German, could speak English, occupation none
||Kennett, Shasta County, California 
- (Widowed, living with her son, Harry S. Johnstone:) Line number 34: Nuggett Hill: dwelling number: 15, family number: 15: Kate Johnstone, head of household, owned home, value of house or monthly rental $100, did not live on a farm, female, white, age 72, widowed, did not attend school since September 1929, could read and write, born in Germany, father's birthplace Germany, mother's birthplace Germany, mother tongue German, state code: 13, country code: 13, nativity: v, immigrated to the US in 1870, naturalized, could speak English, occupation janitor, nature of industry public school, occupation code 6194, wage earner, actively employed at time of census
|California Death Records
- Katherine Johnstone; born: June 13, 1857; mother's maiden name: Ludwig; father's surname: Mohr; sex: female; where born: Rest (Other); county where death occurred: Alameda(01); death date: February 7, 1948; age at time of death: 90 yrs
||Shasta County, California, Deaths  |
- Record: Johnstone, Katherine, born June 13, 1857, died February 7, 1948, "mother"
||7 Feb 1948
||Albany, Alameda County, California 
||Redding Cemetery, Shasta County, California [1, 6]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||William Johnstone, b. 17 Sep 1846, Province of Nova Scotia, Canada , d. 15 Aug 1898, Harrison Gulch, Shasta County, California |
||Between 1883 and 1884
||Winnemucca, Humboldt County, Nevada [1, 2]
| ||1. Edna Johnstone, b. 18 Apr 1884, Idaho Territory , d. 25 Jan 1941, Shasta County, California |
| ||2. George William Johnstone, b. 7 Sep 1886, Bellevue, Idaho Territory , d. 1 Nov 1976, Shasta County, California |
|>||3. Fred William Johnstone, Sr., b. 10 Nov 1888, Martin, Idaho Territory , d. 25 Jul 1962, Redding, Shasta County, California |
| ||4. Ruby V. Johnstone, b. 27 Nov 1892, Idaho Territory , d. 16 Apr 1974, Contra Costa County, California |
| ||5. Harry Stanley Johnstone, b. 6 Jul 1898, California , d. 2 Aug 1943, Mendocino County, California |
||Katherine (Mohr) Johnstone with Her Children: Edna, Ruby and Harry Johnstone|
The Johnstone family were residents of Shasta County, California. The girl standing in the back of this photograph was Ruby V. Johnstone (1892-1974). When an adult, she married Carl Ball. The daughter in the front row was Edna Johnstone (1884-1941), who married Paul Newhouse. The son is Harry Stanley Johnstone (1898-1943). Katherine (Mohr) Johnstone, the mother, lived from 1856-1948. She was born in Germany, married William Johnstone, a native of Canada between 1883/84 in Winnemucca, Nevada.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S94] LDS Online Record, Ancestral file online at the LDS submitted by Elden Ralph Alger, Beryl Brewer, John L. Woods, Marion Stafford Dees. (Reliability: 3).
- [S54] 1900 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Oakland city, Alameda County, California; enumeration district: 342, supervisor's district: 1, sheet number: 12B, page number: 166; enumeration date: June 6, 1900
- [S19] 1920 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Kennett town, Delta Township, Shasta County, California; enumeration district: 101; supervisor's district: 2, sheet number: 3A, page number: 182; enumeration date: January 5, 1920
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Kennett city, Shasta County, California; enumeration district: 45-9, supervisor's district: 2; sheet number: 1A, page number: 203; enumeration date: April 2, 1930
- [S535] California Death Records 1940 - 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S8561] Shasta County, California Deaths (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).