1934 - 2009
||Delbert DeWayne Woodruff [1, 2] |
||16 Jan 1934
||Wyman, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4, 5]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|Wapello High School |
||10 May 2009
||rural Sperry, Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 5]
||12 May 2009
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Delbert DeWayne Woodruff, 75, of Sperry, died Sunday, May 10, 2009, at his home after a struggle with congestive heart failure.
Born January 16, 1934, in Wyman, he was the son of Rex and Vivian Boden Woodruff. On June 25, 1953, he married Dorothy Buchanan in Cairo.
Mr. Woodruff farmed for about 40 years in rural Morning Sun. He graduated from Wapello High School in 1952. He was a member of Flint Hill Church of the Nazarene in Burlington, where he was an elder, deacon, Sunday school superintendent and state treasurer.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Denise Schrader of Washington and Martee Murguia of Sperry; one son, Scott Woodruff of Mediapolis; 11 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; two brothers, Tom Woodruff of Davenport and Harold Woodruff of Burlington; and one sister, Dorothy Buffington of Morning Sun.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two sisters.
Visitation will be from noon to 8 p.m. today at Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home in Wapello, where the family will receive friends from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
The funeral for Mr. Woodruff will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home with Pastor Ron Jewett officiating. Burial will be in Mallory Cemetery, rural Wapello.
A memorial has been established for Flint Hill Church of the Nazarene.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Delbert Woodruff; born: 16 January 1934; died: 10 May 2009 (V); last residence: 52650 (Sperry, Des Moines, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 485-38-1758; state where issued: Iowa
||12 May 2009
||Mallory Cemetery, Jefferson Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
- [S787] Begey, Kathy Rae (Poggemiller) (Reliability: 4).
- [S1713] Woodruff, Delbert DeWayne - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, May 12, 2009; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3705] Murguia, Ryan Leslie and Kiley A. Gerst - Engagement Announcement, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, May 8, 2005; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3963] Birth Database (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).