1918 - 1991
||Ethel Effie Klenk  |
||11 Nov 1918
||Chelsea, Tama County, Iowa 
||12 Jun 1991
||Marion, Linn County, Iowa [1, 2]
||14 Jun 1991
||Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa 
|The Gazette |
- Ethel E. Bahr, 72, of 3258 Fishel Road, Marion, died Wednesday evening (June 12, 1991) in her home. Services: 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Murdoch Chapel, Marion, where friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today. Burial: Lafayette Cemetery.
Surviving are her husband, Lester; three daughters, Faynet Holub of Fountain Hills, Arizona, Jean Hemphill of Toddville and Verna Kuehl of Alburnett; a son, Warren of Alburnett; and a brother, Virgil Klenk.
Also surviving are 12 grandchildren, three step-grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Born the daughter of Joe and Ella Klenk on November 11, 1918, in Chelsea, she married Lester F. Bahr on July 23, 1939, in Ladora. Mrs. Bahr was a resident of Linn County for 39 years and worked for three years at Quality Bakery in Marengo.
The Reverend Annette Kruse will officiate. A memorial fund has been established for St. Luke's Hospice Program.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Ethel E. Bahr; born: 11 November 1918; died: 12 June 1991; last residence: 52302 (Marion, Linn, Iowa); state where issued: Iowa
||15 Jun 1991
||Lafayette Cemetery, Alburnett, Linn County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Lester Frederick Bahr, b. 8 Oct 1916, Ladora, Iowa County, Iowa , d. 3 Jun 1997, Marion, Linn County, Iowa |
||23 Jul 1939
||Ladora, Iowa County, Iowa [1, 2, 4]
- There were four children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S94] LDS Online Record.
- [S1400] Bahr, Ethel Effie (Klenk) - Obituary, (originally published in The Gazette, page 2B, June 14, 1991; Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S1401] Bahr, Lester F. - Obituary, (originally published in The Gazette, page 2B, June 5, 1997; Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).