1877 - 1918
||Steven Franz Pantel [1, 2] |
||28 Aug 1877
||Louisa County, Iowa 
||Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- (Steve Pantel was married to Blanch, lived with her and children: Raymond, Bertha, and Dorothy Pantel:) Line number 21: dwelling number: 123, family number: 124: Steve Pantel, head of household, male, white, age 32, married (once), years of present marriage 5, birthplace Iowa, father's birthplace Germany (spoke German), mother's birthplace Switzerland (language spoken unknown), could speak English, occupation farmer, nature of industry farm, employer, could read, could write, rented home, a farm (not a house), number of house in the schedule: 117
||16 Jan 1918
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|the Muscatine Journal |
- LOUISA COUNTY MAN DIES SUDDENLY
Steve Pantel, Succumbs Following Illness of Less Than Week - No Funeral Arrangements.
(Journal's Special Service.)
Wapello (IA), January 16. -- Residents of Wapello, Grandview and surrounding community were shocked to hear of the sudden death of Steven Pantel, a well known farmer, residing near the Port Louisa pumping station. His death occurred at about 8:30 o'clock this morning and was caused by cerebral hemmoragea and uranic poisoning. Mr. Pantel had been in perfect health apparently, until early Saturday morning, when he complained of a headache. Ho lapsed Into unconsciousness at once, and remained in that condition until his death.
The deceased was forty years of age and had resided In this community during his entire life. Ha leaves to mourn his loss his father, Charles H. Pantel of Grandview, his wife, who was formerly Blanche Diehl (sic: Deihl), three children, Raymond, Bertha and Dorothy and one sister, Pearl Pantel of Grandview.
No funeral arrangements have been completed, pending word from relatives.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: S. F. Pantel; Sex: M; Born: 1877; Died or Buried: 1918; Age: 41; Buried: Grandview (township = Grandview); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page G-36; Notes: 1877-1918; husband of Blanche A.
||16 Jan 1918
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [4, 6]
|Cause: cerebral hemorrhage/uremic poisoning |
||Grandview Cemetery, Grandview, Louisa County, Iowa 
||2 Mar 2014 |
||Blanche Anna Deihl, b. 12 Nov 1880, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 28 Mar 1970, Wapello Nursing Home, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa |
||Abt 1905 
||Louisa County, Iowa 
|>||1. Raymond D. Pantel, b. 20 Sep 1904, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 16 Dec 1971, Veterans Administration Hospital, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota |
|>||2. Bertha Grace Pantel, b. 28 Oct 1906, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 26 Jan 1991, Ames, Story County, Iowa |
|>||3. Dorothy M. Pantel, b. 22 May 1909, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 26 Sep 1980, Fort Myers, Lee County, Florida |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S540] Dotson, Timothy Ray - Web Site, Timothy Ray Dotson (Reliability: 3).
- [S30] Louisa County, Iowa - Louisa County History 1911, Arthur Springer, (The S. J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1911, Chicago, Illinois), pages 548-549 (Reliability: 3).
- [S72] 1910 US Census (Reliability: 3).
- [S9250] Pantel, Steven Franz - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 9, January 16, 1918; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S9247] Pantel, Blanche Anna (Deihl) - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 10, March 28, 1970; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).