1928 - 1995
||Thalen Redfern Ogg [1, 2, 3] |
||14 Jun 1928
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
- Her given name was also spelled "Thaylen."
||Canaan Township, Henry County, Iowa 
- Thalen R. Ogg, granddaughter, female, white, age 1 ?/12, single, did not attend school during the previous year, born in Iowa, father born in Missouri, mother born in Iowa, state code 65, no occupation
||Columbia, Boone County, Missouri [3, 7]
|Stephens College |
||New London, Henry County, Iowa [2, 3, 8]
|New London High School |
||Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa 
||21 Jul 1995
||Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa [3, 6]
||25 Jul 1995
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Thalen Redfern Lange, 67, of 206 East Main, New London, died at 5:40 p.m. Friday, July 21, 1995, at Mercy Hospital in Iowa City.
Born June 14, 1928, in Burlington, she was the daughter of Armand and Ruth Redfern Ogg. She was a descendent of John Redfern and Jane Lee Redfern, who were among the earliest settlers in Canaan Township.
On October 12, 1947, she married Glen E. Lange.
Ms. Lange was a graduate of New London High School and attended Stephens College, Columbia, Missouri. Before her retirement in 1990, she was a secretary at Lockheed Missiles & Space Company, Sunnyvale, California. She lived in Bowling Green, Kentucky, for a number of years where she was a secretary at Western Kentucky University and the Southern Kentucky Head Start Program.
She was a member of St. Michael's Episcopal Church in Mount Pleasant where she was a lay reader. She had been a member of the T.T.T. Society and helped organize Iowa BN in Des Moines and Texas A in Dallas. She was a past president of Western Kentucky University Faculty Wives. She was a member of New London's Board of Adjustments, the Dover Historical Society in New London, and the Iowa Sesquicentennial Committee for Henry County.
Ms. Lange is survived by her mother of New London; two sons, John of Kirksville, Missouri, and Andrew of Bowling Green, Kentucky; one daughter, Megan of Latonia, Kentucky; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call after noon today at the Elliott Chapel in New London where the family will receive friends from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The funeral for Ms. Lange will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 26, at St. Michael's Episcopal Church in Mount Pleasant with the Reverend Wayne K. Kamm officiating. Burial will be in Ferrel Cemetery in New London.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions be made to St. Michael's Episcopal Church.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Thalen R. Lange; born: 14 June 1928; died: July 1995; last residence: 52645 (New London, Henry, Iowa); last benefit: 25705 (Huntington, Cabell, WV); Social Security #: 484-24-5075; state where issued: Iowa
||26 Jul 1995
||Ferrel Cemetery, New London Township, Henry County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Armond Ogg, b. 1904, Missouri , d. Yes, date unknown |
||Ruth R. Redfern, b. 8 Jan 1907, New London, Henry County, Iowa , d. 5 Jun 2001, New London Nursing and Rehab Center, New London, Henry County, Iowa |
||Between 1926 and 1927 
||Glen E. Lange, b. 22 Jan 1923, d. 3 Aug 1987 |
||12 Oct 1947
||United Methodist Church, New London, Henry County, Iowa [3, 7]
||13 Oct 1947
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette |
- Miss Thalen Ogg, daughter of Mrs. Ruth Redfern Ogg, New London, became the bride of Glen Lange, son of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Lange, New London, in a double ring service at the New London Methodist church at 2:30 o'clock Sunday afternoon. The Reverend Dr. George G. Hunt, Mt. Pleasant, and the Reverend Paul Ellis, New London, performed the service. Charles Walters, vocalist, New London, sang "Because," "The Lord's Prayer," and "Through The Years " during the ceremony. He was accompanied by Esther Buor Wessel, of New London. The altar was adorned with white asters, and flanked by palms and lighted tapers in a pair of 7-branched candelabra.
Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Lange, brother and sister-in-law of the bridegroom, Mt. Pleasant, were the couple's attendants. Cecil Lange, the bridegroom's brother, and Kenneth Wiley, cousin of the bride, both of New London, were ushers. The bride was given in marriage by her uncle, Guy L. Redfern, of New London.
Her bridal attire was a white satin gown, fashioned with a marquisette yoke bordered with seed pearls, long sleeves pointed at the wrist and a long train. Her fingertip veil of double illusion was bordered with chantilly lace. Mrs. Lange wore mauve taffeta, made with sweetheart neckline, three-quarter length sleeves and a barrel skirt, outlined with mauve chantilly lace.
Mrs. Ogg chose a rose and beige crepe dress with brown accessories, and the bridegroom's mother was attired in a black print dress, with which she wore powder blue and black accessories Both wore corsages of talisman roses.
A 3-tiered wedding cake with a tiny bridal pair on top centered the bridal table at the reception in the church parlors. The cake was encircled by an arrangement of flowers and lighted tapers. Those assisting with the courtesies were Mrs. Kenneth Wiley, Miss Shirley Orndorff, Miss Patricia Farrington, Miss Doris Pease, Miss Marilyn Miller, all of New London, and Mrs. William Malcom, of Champaign, Illinois.
The couple left for a wedding trip, with the bride wearing a dressmaker suit of wine-colored wool, black accessories, and a corsage of white roses and pink carnations.
Mrs. Lange is a graduate of New London high school, and attended Stephens college, Columbus, Missouri. Mr. Lange, who was graduated from New London high school, and attended B.J.C. [Burlington, Iowa, Junior College], is a purchasing clerk with the J. I. Case Company in Burlington.
||6 Apr 1974
||Warren County, Kentucky 
- Apparently they renewed their vows or were remarried in 1974.
|Kentucky Marriage Records
- Name: Glen Lange; Gender: Male; Race: White; Age: 51; Estimated Birth Year: 1923; Marriage Date: 6 April 1974; Marital Status: Last marriage ended by divorce; Previous Marital Status: Never married; Residence County: Warren; Residence County after Married: Warren; Spouse: Thalen Lange; Spouse Age: 45; Spouse Race: White; Spouse Residence County: Warren; Spouse Marital Status: Never married; Volume Number: 018; Certificate Number: 08791; Marriage License County: Warren; Volume Year: 1974
||The Marriage Announcement of Thalen Ogg and Glen Lange|
Thalen and Glen were married October 12, 1947, in New London, Iowa. (They were later remarried or else had a renewal of vows April 6, 1974, in Kentucky.)
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S266] New London, Iowa - New London Journal Centennial Edition Newspaper, M. Ruth (DeLong) Peterson, (published by The New London Journal on the occasion of the paper's centennial in 1975, Duane Griggs, editor; New London, Henry County, Iowa: composed and printed by The Hawk Eye; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa), page 199 (Reliability: 4).
- [S9159] Ogg, Ruth R. (Redfern) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, Thursday, June 7, 2001; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S1285] Lange, Thalen Redfern (Ogg) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 9A, July 25, 1995; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S266] New London, Iowa - New London Journal Centennial Edition Newspaper, M. Ruth (DeLong) Peterson, (published by The New London Journal on the occasion of the paper's centennial in 1975, Duane Griggs, editor; New London, Henry County, Iowa: composed and printed by The Hawk Eye; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa), page 80 (Reliability: 2).
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 4).
Canaan Township, Henry County, Iowa; Enumeration District 44-3; Supervisor's District 15; Sheet #: 1A; Page #: 10?; Enumeration Date: April 2, 1930
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S1283] Ogg, Thalen Redfern and Glen E. Lange - Marriage Announcement, (Originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, page 6, October 13, 1947; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S266] New London, Iowa - New London Journal Centennial Edition Newspaper, M. Ruth (DeLong) Peterson, (published by The New London Journal on the occasion of the paper's centennial in 1975, Duane Griggs, editor; New London, Henry County, Iowa: composed and printed by The Hawk Eye; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa), page 80 (Reliability: 4).
A list of graduates of New London High School, 1894-1975.
- [S1281] Redfern, Charles S. - Obituary, (originally published in The Mt. Pleasant News, page 6, Tuesday, February 3, 1948; Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1284] Kentucky Marriage Index, 1973-1999 (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).