1928 - 2015
||Norma Jean Stanfield [1, 2, 3] |
||11 Jun 1928
||Findlay, Hancock County, Ohio [2, 3, 4]
|an unknown Ohio newspaper |
- Norma Jean Powell, 86, of Findlay, Ohio, passed away Tuesday evening January 13, 2015, at her home in Cumming, Georgia.
She was born to the late Everett J. and Dorothy I. (Dotson) Stanfield in Findlay on June 11, 1928. She married George H. Powell on July 2, 1948, and he survives.
Also surviving are : her daughter, Vicki J. (Steve) Spohr and their two children, Shelley (Dan) Ruggiero and their children, Kuranda and Cortland; Chris (Erin) Spohr and their daughter, Madeline, all of Connecticut; her son, Jerry L. (Carole) Powell and their children, Jacob T. Powell and Chelsey M. Powell, all of Georgia; and a sister, Lorrie Wilson of Findlay.
Norma was a homemaker throughout lifetime. She has also worked as a secretary at the Ohio State Highway Patrol and an administrative assistant at the Cooper Tire and Rubber Company. She enjoyed spending time with her family, sewing and needle point. She was a generous and caring wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister and friend donating to many causes.
Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, January 17, 2015 at Coldren-Crates Funeral Home with Pastor Chris Jackson officiating. Burial will follow at Maple Grove Cemetery, Findlay. Visitation will be held for two hours prior to the service (12:00-2:00 p.m.) at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Bridge Hospice Care and online condolences may be expressed to the family by visiting www.coldrencrates.com. Norma was dearly loved by all she touched and will be sadly missed by her family and friends.
||13 Jan 2015
||Cumming, Forsyth County, Georgia [3, 4]
||17 Jan 2015
||Maple Grove Cemetery, Findlay, Hancock County, Ohio [3, 4]
||9 Mar 2015 |
||Everett J. Stanfield, b. 31 Dec 1905, d. Jul 1965 |
||Dorothy I. Dotson, b. 20 Dec 1908, Findlay, Hancock County, Ohio , d. 22 Dec 1983, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio |
- [S13321] Core, Leona B. (Powell) - Obituary, (originally published in The Courier, Saturday, June 13, 2009; Findlay, Hancock County, Ohio; republished at Find A Grave) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13074] U.S. Public Records Index (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13325] Powell, Norma Jean (Stanfield) - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown Ohio newspaper, January 2015; republished at Find A Grave) (Reliability: 3).