1862 - 1927
||John Henry Springsteen [1, 2] |
||4 Oct 1862
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||14 Oct 1862 
||18 Apr 1927
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 4]
||20 Apr 1927
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3]
||21 Apr 1927
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
|the Morning Sun News-Herald |
- John Springsteen Died Very Suddenly
Burial Made at Wapello on Wednesday Afternoon.
John H. Springsteen, proprietor of the Springsteen hotel in this city, died very suddenly Monday (April 18, 1927) about 10 a.m., following an attack of acute indigestion. He had a couple severe attacks just recently but had recovered to some extent. Monday forenoon he did some marketing, but after returning to the hotel complained of being very sick. A doctor was immediately summoned, but Mr. Springsteen was beyond medical aid when the doctor reached his bedside. His death came as a shock to his family and acquaintances. Mr. and Mrs. Springsteen have been operating the hotel about two years. Mrs. Springsteen will continue the business.
Just a few minutes before Mr. Springsteen's death, Mrs. Springsteen received a telegram telling her of the death of her sister, Mrs. Frank Sprinkle, in Spokane, Washington.
A short funeral service was held at the home Wednesday at 12:30, conducted by Reverend H. W. Munster of the Methodist Episcopal church. The body was then taken to Wapello, his old home, and the funeral held from the Methodist church, conducted by is pastor, Reverend O. E. McBride. The burial was in the Wapello cemetery.
The relatives here for the funeral were: Mrs. G. Downer of Denver, Colorado; J. W. Cox of Arapahoe, Nebraska; E. Downer and Mr. and Mrs. Art Conn of Burlington; Mrs. Will Deam and son Marion and Mr. and Mrs. Will McConnell of Mediapolis; Mr. and Mrs. Tom Bice of Winfield, and Mr. and Mrs. Allen Hudson and little daughter and J. M. Watson of Yarmouth.
John Henry Springsteen was born near Wapello, October 4, 1862, and died April 18 (1927), aged 64 years, six months and four days. He was united in marriage to Delilah Hannan, September 22, 1886. To them were born four children, Earl Springsteen of Morning Sun, Mrs. William Deam of Mediapolis, Mrs. Tom Bice of Winfield, and Gladys now deceased. He also leaves ten grandchildren and one sister, Mrs. G. Downer of Denver, Colorado. Mr. Springsteen was a member of the Methodist church and of the I.O.O.F. lodge at Wapello.
||1 Feb 2014 |
||Delilah Frances "Lyle" Hannan, b. 22 Mar 1868, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 13 Jan 1968, Harmony Nursing Home, Mediapolis, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||18 Sep 1886 
||22 Sep 1886 
- There were four children from this marriage.
| ||1. Arva M. Springsteen, b. 28 Apr 1887, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 6 Mar 1985, Bethesda Care Center, Mediapolis, Des Moines County, Iowa |
|>||2. Frank Earl "Earl" Springsteen, b. 2 Feb 1889, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 18 Sep 1960, University Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
||1 Feb 2014 |
- [S12740] Springsteen, Frank "Earl" - Obituary, (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, September 22, 1960; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S2799] World Connect - My WEST connection: shawn62, (last updated: 2010-07-27 02:11:10 UTC (Tue), contact Shawn) (Reliability: 3).
- [S12745] Springsteen, John Henry - Obituary, (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, April 21, 1927; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S12744] Springsteen, Delilah Frances "Lyle" (Hannan) - Obituary, (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, January 18, 1968; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).