1915 - 2007
||Margaret Louise Heins [1, 2] |
||27 Jan 1915
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home web site |
- Margaret Louise Parish, age 92, of Wapello, Iowa, died Tuesday, September 11, 2007, at the Great River Medical Center at West Burlington, Iowa. The daughter of Albert and Minnie Weber Heins, she was born January 27, 1915, at Wapello. She married Lawrence E. Parish on June 28, 1933, at Kahoka, Missouri. He preceded her in death on May 13, 2003.
Margaret graduated from Wapello High School in 1933 as Valedictorian of her class. She operated the Sky Nook Cafe at Muscatine and the Indian Hills Golf and Country Club at Wapello. She was the oldest living member of the United Methodist Church at Wapello, a member for 80 years, the Martha Circle of the UMW, the Rebekah Lodge #129 and Past Noble Grands, the Southeast Iowa Antique Car Club, and the JAO Club. She had been active in Girl Scouts serving as a leader for ten years. She enjoyed quilting.
She is survived by three sons, Dean and Gladys Parish of Wapello, Jerry and Linda Parish of St. Petersburg, Florida, and Ralph and Pat Parish of McAllen, Texas; a daughter, Margaret "Peg" and Ron Hunt of Burlington; ten grandchildren; twenty-five great grandchildren; six great-great grandchildren; two sisters, Phyllis Seymour of Mason City and Betty Vickers of Des Moines; and a sister-in-law, Anita Parish of Blue Grass. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Lawrence; a daughter, Diane McConahay; two grandsons, Steven Parish and Donald Parish; a granddaughter, Stephanie Parish; a great granddaughter, Kelsey Bessine; and a sister, Helen Eversmeyer.
The funeral ceremony for Margaret Parish will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, September 17, 2007, at the United Methodist Church at Wapello, with Reverend Sue-Ellen Sherman officiating. Burial of the cremains will follow at the Wapello Cemetery.
Friends may call from noon to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home at Wapello where the family will meet friends from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m..
A Memorial Fund has been established for the benefit of the Southeast Iowa Antique Car Club, the United Methodist Church, and the Great River Hospice.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Margaret L. Parish; born: 27 January 1915; died: 11 September 2007 (V); last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 482-54-4726; state where issued: Iowa
||11 Sep 2007
||Great River Medical Center, West Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [4, 5]
||17 Sep 2007
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Lawrence Emilius Parish, b. 28 Mar 1915, Granger, Scotland County, Missouri , d. 13 May 2003, Great River Medical Center, West Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||28 Jun 1933
||Kahoka, Clark County, Missouri [2, 5]
- There were five children from this marriage.
||24 Sep 2001
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|>||1. Barbara Diane "Diane" Parish, b. 6 Feb 1938, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 8 Sep 2001, Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S1300] McConahay, Barbara "Diane" (Parish) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, September 24, 2001; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S1397] Parish, Lawrence Emilius - Obituary, (originally published in The Wapello Republican, May 22, 2003; Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 4).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 4).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S1398] Parish, Margaret Louise (Heins) - Obituary, (originally published at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home web site, September 2007; Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).