1892 - Bef 1900
||Della Buckingham  |
||31 Jul 1892
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa [1, 2]
|Iowa Birth Records
- Name: Buckingham; Birth Date: 31 July 1892; Birthplace: Mt. Pleasant, Henry, Iowa; Father's Name: Thomas Buckingham; Mother's Name: Jany Belle Edgar; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C05306-3; System Origin: Iowa-EASy; Source Film Number: 965933; Reference Number: #125
|Iowa State Census
||Henry County, Iowa 
- Della Buckingham, female, born in about 1891
||Bef 1900 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Thomas A. Buckingham, b. Mar 1872, Iowa , d. 1942 |
||Jennie Belle Edgar, b. Jan 1870, Iowa , d. 20 Mar 1919 |
||20 Feb 1892
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Groom's Name: Thomas Buckingham; Groom's Birthplace: Henry County, Iowa; Groom's Age: (nothing); Bride's Name: Jennie Edgar; Bride's Birth Date: 1870; Bride's Birthplace: Henry County, Iowa; Bride's Age: 22; Marriage Date: 20 February 1892; Marriage Place: Mt. Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa; Groom's Father's Name: Demas Buckingham; Groom's Mother's Name: Lue Laughy; Bride's Father's Name: Thomas Edgar; Bride's Mother's Name: Sal (sic) Houseman; Groom's Race: White; Bride's Race: White; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M73423-6; System Origin: Iowa-VR; Source Film Number: 0965932; Reference Number: 2:3D6DD08; Collection: Iowa Marriages, 1809-1992
- They were married at the home of the officicant, W. J. Hastie.
||W. J. Hastie |
- W. J. Hastie was known to be in the Kinross Community near What Cheer by 1890. However, it seems he had a residence in 1892 in Henry County.
(See KINROSS CHURCHES, URL (March 2002): http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/6746/kinrosschurches.html)
"The Kinross Church of Christ began as a revival meeting conducted by W. J. Hastie. Some of the earliest members of this congregation were; the George and Henry Herr families, Sam Shafer, Minnie Wagamon, Lottie Eckerman, Maude Randolph, Ida Sheets, Sophia and Elmira Martin, Lois Coffey, Soloman and Nancy Shafer, Cornelious and Rosy Martin, Mary McDowell, and Mrs. Levi Bray. Roy Wright was the first full - time minister in 1912 at the small wooden framed church. This building was destroyed by a lightening fire in May,1915. A new stone structure was then built and dedicated on December 5, 1915; a fast job of construction."
||Henry County, Iowa 
||Find A Grave Memorials# 65742843 & 71319032  |
- Their grave is at the Forest Home Cemetery, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa, Plot: J Row 20; memorial provided courtesy of Mo & Dave Gates. The epitaph on the stone is: "Buckingham. Thomas, 1872 - 1942. Jennie, 1872 - 1919"
A headstone photograph was available online at the Find A Grave web site as of September 2012
- [S29] 1895 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Henry County, Iowa; Film Number: 1020361, Digital Folder Number: 4236844, Image Number: 141
- [S3215] Iowa Births and Christenings, Iowa County Births (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S54] 1900 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Mount Pleasant city, Ward 1, Center Township, Henry County, Iowa; enumeration district: 30, supervisor's district: 1, sheet number: 11A, page number: 51; enumeration date: June 9, 1900
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S30] Louisa County, Iowa - Louisa County History 1911, Arthur Springer, (The S. J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1911, Chicago, Illinois), pages 549-550 (Reliability: 4).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).