1931 - 1973
||Ray Jackson Stephens [1, 2] |
||16 Sep 1931
||Grandview, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
||Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- Ray Stephens, son (code 2), male, white, age 8, single, attended school since March 1, 1940, highest grade of elementary school: 2 (code 2), born in Iowa (code 65), was in a rural location in 1935 in Louisa County, Iowa, residence was not a farm (code X0V1)
||3 May 1973
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
||4 May 1973
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|the Muscatine Journal |
- Wapello (IA) -- Ray Jackson Stephens, 41, died suddenly at 8 p.m. Thursday (May 3, 1973) at his home in Wapello.
He was born September 16, 1931, at Grandview, the son of Myrle and Pauline Jackson Stephens and had been a life resident of this community.
His marriage to Carol Huddle took place August 27, 1950, at Wapello. He was a member of the Wapello United Methodist church. Wapello Lodge No. 5 A.F. and A.M.. Davenport Consistory, KAABA Shrine, Davenport; and the VFW of Wapello. He owned the Stephens Construction Company.
Survivors include his wife Carol, at home; four sons, Dennis, David, Mark, and Jay, all at home; his parents Mr. and Mrs. Myrle Stephens Wapello; his grandmother, Mrs. Vera Reed, Wapello; five sisters, Mrs. Elaine (sic) Delaine Roth, Burlington, Mrs. Joan Charbronneau (sic), Mediapolis, Mrs. Mary Lou Schlutz, Grandview, Mrs. Myrlene Eubanks, Crawfordsville and Mrs. Jill Whitback (sic), Kenosha, Wisconsin; five brothers, Al (sic) of Clarksville Tennessee, Adrian, Ted, and Jack all of Wapello, and Robert, of New York, New York.
Funeral services will be held at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the Wapello United Methodist church with Reverend George Snyder officiating. Interment will be at the Wapello cemetery. The family will receive friends at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home between the hour of 7:30 and 8:30 p.m. Saturday, when Masonic services will also be held.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Name: Ray Stephens; SSN: 484-20-3984; Born: 16 September 1931; Died: May 1973; State (Year) SSN issued: Iowa (Before 1951)
||Find A Grave Memorial# 7442784 and Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records [4, 5] |
- His grave is at the Wapello Cemetery, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa; memorial provided courtesy of Alberta Daniels Withrow
There was no headstone photo online at the Find A Grave web site as of July 2012
(Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records:) Name: Stephens, Ray Jackson; Sex: M; Born: 1931; Died or Buried: 1973; Age: 42; Buried: Wapello (township = Wapello); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: Korean War; Book: LCC ©1990 - page W-96; Notes: 1931-1973; husband of Carol D. (Huddle); Korean Veteran - U.S.
||6 May 1973
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 4, 5]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Myrle Erwin Stephens, b. 22 May 1904, Grandview, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 26 Apr 1975, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa |
||Pauline M. Jackson, b. 31 Dec 1907, Grandview, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 27 May 1993, Muscatine General Hospital, Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa |
||27 Jan 1925
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
- [S1377] 1940 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa, supervisor's district: 1, enumeration district: 58-23, sheet number 9A, page number 159; enumeration date: April 22, 1940
- [S7604] Stephens, Ray Jackson - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 9, May 4, 1973; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S7606] Stephens, Adrian Chester - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8A, October 27, 1992; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S9202] Stephens, Myrle Erwin - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 6, April 27, 1975; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S7605] Stephens, Pauline M. (Jackson) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8A, May 28, 1993; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).