1890 - 1955
||Lydia Wilson [1, 2, 3] |
||13 Oct 1890
||Oakville, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||1891 [5, 6]
||Jefferson Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- Lydia Hamilton, wife, female, white, age 29, married, could read, could write, born in Iowa, father's birthplace Iowa, mother's birthplace Iowa, could speak English, occupation none
|Iowa State Census
||Jefferson Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- Lydia Hamilton, wife, female, white, age 34, married, number of years in the U.S.: 34, number of years in Iowa: 34, attended grade school, state highest grade (1-8): 8, could read, could write, place of birth: Iowa, name of father: R. E. Wilson, father's birthplace: Iowa, name of mother: Mary Ann Holcroft, mother's birthplace: Iowa, mother's age at last birthday: 68, place of marriage of parents: Iowa, occupation involved with domestic/personal services, church affiliation: M. E. (Methodist Episcopal)
||Washington Township, Johnson County, Missouri 
- Lydia Hamilton, wife, female, white, age 39, married, age at first marriage 20, did not attend school since September 1929, could read and write, born in Iowa, father's birthplace Iowa, mother's birthplace Iowa, state code: 65, could speak English, occupation nurse, nature of industry home, occupation code 8796, wage earner, actively employed at time of census
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
- Lydia Hamilton, informant for the family census information, wife (code 1), female, white, age 48, married, did not attend school since March 1, 1940, highest grade of elementary school: 8 (code 8), born in Iowa (code 65), was in a rural location in 1935 in Johnson County, Missouri, residence was a farm (code 6632), was not working in private industry, was not doing public/emergency work, was not seeking work, did not have a job or business, occupation housework (code 5), 0 weeks worked in 1939, $0 earned in 1939, did not receive more than $50 from sources other than wages/salary
||17 Apr 1954 
- (The date published in husband William's obituary in 1968 was incorrect.)
||24 Apr 1955
||Muscatine County Hospital, Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa [3, 5, 6]
|Cause: complications after emergency surgery |
||25 Apr 1955
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|The Muscatine Journal |
- Mrs. Hamilton Dies Suddenly At Hospital
Wapello (IA) -- Mrs. Lydia Wilson Hamilton of Wapello, 64, died suddenly Sunday (April 24, 1955) at the Muscatine county hospital after being admitted approximately 12 hours earlier for an emergency operation.
The body was removed to the Dudgeon Funeral home at Wapello where services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Thursday. The Reverend Floyd Shepherd, pastor of the Methodist church, will be in charge. Burial will be in the Wapello cemetery.
Mrs. Hamilton was born October 13, 1890, at Oakville, a daughter of R. E. and Mary Holcroft Wilson. Her marriage to William Hamilton took place in 1910 at Wapello.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Mrs. Albert (sic) Bennett of Kalona and Mrs. Mary Copas of Warrensburg, Missouri; five sons, Robert of Burt, Iowa; William and Don of Wapello, Kermit of Cedar Rapids and Richard of the U. S. Navy; one brother, Ross of Oakville; three sisters, Mrs. Fromia Loso of Galesburg, Illinois, Mrs. Mamie Olson of Boise, Idaho, and Mrs. Alva Derett of Burlington; 24 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
An infant daughter preceded her in death.
||Find A Grave Memorial# 6936274 and Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records [5, 6] |
- Her grave is at the Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa; memorial provided courtesy of Alberta Daniels Withrow
There was no headstone photo online at the Find A Grave web site as of August 2012
(Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records:) Name: Hamilton, Lydia W.; Sex: F; Born: 1891; Died or Buried: 1955; Age: 64; Buried: Wapello (township = Wapello); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page W-53; Notes: 1891-1955; wife of William L. Hamilton
||28 Apr 1955
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 5, 6]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||William Levi Hamilton, b. 7 Jul 1886, Toolesboro, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 17 Aug 1968, Wapello Nursing Home, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa |
||13 Oct 1908
||Oakville, Louisa County, Iowa 
||9 Nov 1910
||Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3]
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Name: William L. Hamilton; Titles & Terms: Mr; Event: Marriage; Event Date: 9 November 1910; Event Place: Louisa, Iowa; Age: 24; Father: D. A. Hamilton; Mother: Mary Odell; Spouse: Lydia Wilson; Spouse's Titles & Terms: Miss; Spouse's Age: 20; Spouse's Father: R. E. Wilson; Spouse's Mother: Mary Hollcroft; Film Number: 1870162; Digital Folder Number: 004322391; Image Number: 00390
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
- At the time of William's World War I draft registration.
| ||1. Alberta Annis Hamilton, b. 9 Oct 1911, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 26 Oct 2002, Memorial Mission Hospital of Western North Carolina, Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina |
| ||2. Mary F. Hamilton, b. 15 Jan 1913, Iowa , d. 4 Sep 2000|
| ||3. Robert Arnold Hamilton, b. 10 Nov 1914, Grandview Township, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 10 Apr 1991, Kossuth County Hospital, Algona, Kossuth County, Iowa |
|>||4. William Wayne Hamilton, b. 6 Aug 1916, Toolesboro, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 28 Apr 1980, Veterans Administration Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
| ||5. Kermit Franklin Hamilton, b. 16 Oct 1917, Toolesboro, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 30 Apr 1967, Schoitz Hospital, Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa |
| ||6. Donald Wilson "Don" Hamilton, b. 11 Jul 1919, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 20 Sep 1984, Homosassa, Citrus County, Florida |
| ||7. Richard Edwin Hamilton|
| ||8. (Infant Daughter - 56070) Hamilton, d. Bef 1955|
||21 Jan 2014 |
|Obituaries, Deaths, Funerals
||Mrs. Hamilton Dies Suddenly At Hospital|
The obituary of Lydia (Wilson) Hamilton. Lydia Hamilton, the wife of William Levi Hamilton (1886-1968), died in 1955 at the Muscatine County Hospital, Muscatine, Iowa, after having emergency surgery. She was the mother of Alberta Annis Bennett, Mary F. Copas, Robert, William, Kermit, Donald, and Richard Hamilton, and a daughter who died in infancy.
- [S2032] Hamilton, William Wayne - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 10, April 29, 1980; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S7574] Hamilton, Lydia (Wilson) - Obituary, (originally published in The Muscatine Journal, page 10, April 25, 1955; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S19] 1920 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Jefferson Township, Louisa County, Iowa; enumeration district: 98; supervisor's district: 1, sheet number: 4B, page number: 193; enumeration date: January 16, 1920
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S38] 1925 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Jefferson Township, Louisa County, Iowa; Roll: IA1925_1817
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Washington Township, Johnson County, Missouri; enumeration district: 51-27, supervisor's district: 10; sheet number: 7B, page number: 239; enumeration date: April 23, 1930
- [S1377] 1940 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Wapello city, Wapello Township, Ward 3, Louisa County, Iowa, supervisor's district: 1, enumeration district: 58-22, sheet number 3A, page number 130; enumeration date: April 5, 1940
- [S7573] Hamilton, William Levi - Obituary, (originally published in the Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, August 22, 1968; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S337] World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 (ancestry.com and Family Search) (Reliability: 3).