1924 - 1998
||Edith Annabelle Nixon  |
||4 Nov 1924
||near Bonaparte, Van Buren County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
||11 Jul 1998
||Van Buren Good Samaritan Center, Keosauqua, Van Buren County, Iowa [2, 3]
||13 Jul 1998
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Edith Annabell Hemm, 73, of Keosauqua, died Saturday July 11, 1998, at Van Buren Good Samaritan Center.
Born November 4, 1924, near Bonaparte, she was the daughter of Orlie U. and Merian Elsie McCracken Nixon. On June 18, 1955, she married Raymond Leroy Hemm near Bentonsport.
Mrs. Hemm worked at Barker Equipment Company wire plant, at area cafes, as a home nanny and was a homemaker. She attended Bentonsport schools.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Merian Harris of Keosauqua and Marvena Canaday, of Packwood: four sons, Orlie Hemm of Keosauqua and James L. Hemm, Orville W. Hemm and Jess J. Hemm, all of Mount Pleasant: three grandchildren; and one sister, Rachel McVey of Troy.
She was preceded in death by her parents and one brother.
Visitation will begin at 3 p.m. today at Pedrick Funeral Home in Keosauqua, where the family will receive friends from 7 to 8 p.m.
The funeral for Mrs. Hemm will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Keosauqua Christian Church, with the Reverend William Shewmaker officiating. Burial will be in Fellows Cemetery near Keosauqua.
A memorial has been established for American Diabetes Foundation.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Name: Edith A. Hemm; SSN: 481-22-3728; Last Residence: 52565 Keosauqua, Van Buren, Iowa, United States of America; Born: 4 November 1924; Died: 11 July 1998; State (Year) SSN issued: Iowa (Before 1951)
||14 Jul 1998
||Fellows Cemetery, Keosauqua, Van Buren County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
- [S2067] World Connect - family tree of Linda Thompson and Steve Thompson, minus the Royal lines, (last updated: Fri Nov 2 10:26:05 2001, contact: Linda Thompson) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S7563] Hemm, Edith Annabell (Nixon) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 7A, July 13, 1998; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).