1938 - 1975
||Robert Dean Staats [1, 2] |
||9 Nov 1938
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Port Louisa Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- Robert Dean Staats, son (code 2), male, white, age 1, single, did not attend school since March 1, 1940, born in Iowa (code 65), was in a rural location in 1935 in Louisa County, Iowa (sic)
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa 
||18 Nov 1975
||near Millersburg, Iowa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
|Cause: electrocution from an accident while doing construction work |
||19 Nov 1975
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|the Muscatine Journal |
- Wapello (IA) -- Robert Dean Staats, 37, died at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday (November 18, 1975), 1 mile south of Millersburg in a construction accident where he was electrocuted.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday at the Church of the Nazarene in Wapello and burial will be in Harrison Cemetery. Visitation will be in the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home. The family will meet at the funeral home at 8 p.m. Thursday evening.
Robert Staats was born November 9, 1938, in Wapello, the son of Elmer Sr. and Wanda Lodwock Staats. He was married to Barbara Maddux. He had been a construction foreman.
Survivors include three sons, Rodney, Todd and Kelley all of Wapello; five brothers, Jim of Abilene, Texas, Bill of Burlington, Larry of Muscatine, Stanley and Elmer Jr. both of Wapello; four sisters, Sandra Collins of Evansville, Indiana, Darlene McBride, Diane Honts and Jacqueline Staats, all of Muscatine.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Name: Robert Staats; SSN: 483-42-1914; Born: 9 November 1938; Died: November 1975; State (Year) SSN issued: Iowa (1955)
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Staats, Robert Dean; Sex: M; Born: 1938; Died or Buried: 1975; Age: 37; Buried: Harrison (township = Port Louisa); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page P-13; Notes: born 9 November 1938; died 18 November 1975
||21 Nov 1975
||Harrison Cemetery, Port Louisa Township, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Elmer Lewis Staats, Sr., b. 21 Jul 1908, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 11 Nov 1970, Mercy Unit, Burlington Memorial Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||Wanda Doris Lodwick, b. 4 Apr 1916, Swan Creek, Warren County, Illinois , d. 20 May 1966, Mercy Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||27 Jun 1932
||Rock Island, Rock Island County, Illinois [6, 7]
- [S7535] Maddux, Barbara Ellen and Robert Dean Staats - Marriage License, (originally published in The Muscatine Journal, page 10, September 3, 1959; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S9674] Staats, Robert Dean - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 5, November 19, 1975; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S1377] 1940 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Port Louisa Township, Louisa County, Iowa, supervisor's district: 1, enumeration district: 58-24, sheet number 4B, page number 112; enumeration date: April 13 - 15, 1940
- [S7659] Staats, Wanda Doris (Lodwick) - Obituary, (originally published in The Muscatine Journal, page 6, May 20, 1966; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S7660] Staats, Elmer Lewis (Sr.) - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 6, November 12, 1970; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).