1926 - 1988
||Rex O. Richenberger [1, 2] |
||20 Apr 1926
||Wayland, Henry County, Iowa [2, 3]
||11 Feb 1988
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
||12 Feb 1988
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Rex O. Richenberger, 61, of Morning Sun, died Thursday, February 11, 1988, at his home.
Born April 20, 1926, in Wayland, he was the son of Edward and Ruth Greene Richenberger.
He married Irma Lea Linder June 14, 1958, in Media, Illinois.
He was a truck driver and a veteran of World War II. He was a member of the Hays Scott Post 112 of the American Legion and the First United Presbyterian Church and was a former member of the Morning Sun Fire Department.
Surviving are his wife; four sons, Bob Richenberger, Ron Richenberger, Sam Richenberger and Jim Richenberger, all of Morning Sun; two daughters, Shirley Bashusen, Laura, Illinois, and Rosealee Fisher, Rio Vista, California; two brothers, Jerry Richenberger, Mount Pleasant, and Russell Richenberger, Piano, Texas; 11 grandchildren; two aunts; and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. today at the Pierce Funeral Home, Morning Sun.
The service for Mr. Richenberger will be 2 p.m. Saturday at the First United Presbyterian Church, Morning Sun, with the Reverend Diane Bishop officiating. Burial will be in Elmwood Cemetery with the Hays Scott Post 112 American Legion conducting graveside rites.
Memorials have been established for the Morning Sun Fire Department and the First United Presbyterian Church.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Name: Rex Richenberger; SSN: 483-12-3667; Born: 20 April 1926; Last Benefit: 52640 Morning Sun, Louisa, Iowa, United States of America; Died: February 1988; State (Year) SSN issued: Iowa (Before 1951)
||13 Feb 1988
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Edward F. Richenberger, b. 6 Sep 1891, Trenton, Henry County, Iowa , d. 11 May 1969, Memorial Hospital, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa |
||Ruth M. Green, b. Abt 1902, d. Yes, date unknown |
||5 Oct 1921
||Henry County, Iowa 
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Name: Edward F. Richenberger; Event: Marriage; Event Date: 5 October 1921; Event Place: Henry, Iowa; Age: 29; Father: Xaver Richenberger; Mother: Rosena Richenberger; Spouse: Ruth M. Green; Spouse's Age: 18; Spouse's Father: Wm. C. Green; Spouse's Mother: Mae Edith Green; Film Number: 1750229; Digital Folder Number: 004322066; Image Number: 00717
- [S2196] Richenberger, Russell X. - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 9B, February 11, 2007; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa).
- [S7394] Richenberger, Rex O. - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 9A, February 12, 1988; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index.
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).