1946 - 1955
||Bobby Leo Brown [1, 2] |
||9 May 1946
||Muscatine County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
- His name was "Bobbie Lee" Brown on the Wyerman family descendancy chart that was used to seed the information on most of this family. In his obituary, it was "Bobby Leo."
||13 May 1955
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
|Cause: struck by a car while crossing the street |
||14 May 1955
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|the Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette |
- Wapello Boy Is Killed
Wapello (IA) -- Bobby Leo Brown, 9-year-oId son of Mr. and Mrs. Neil Brown, was killed when struck by a car driven by Royal Dee Jennings, Columbus Junction, at 4 p.m. Friday.
According to Sheriff Robert Lewis, this la what happened: The boy and a friend, Tommy McChesney, were riding with the McChesney boy's mother, Mrs. Kenneth McChesney, in a westbound car. A westbound school bus stopped to discharge passengers at the Maurice Schmeiser farm, on the Five-Mile lane. Mrs. Schmeiser was driving ahead of Mrs. McChesney and behind the school bus.
When the bus stopped, she stopped and so did Mrs. McChesney.
The bus started and the two boys hopped out of the McChesney car and started to dart across the road. Mrs. McChesney called to them to wait and her son stopped, but the Brown boy went on and darted into the path of the oncoming Jennings auto.
Dr. J. H. Chittum and Coroner Victor Stacy were called to the accident site. Dr. Chittum said the boy died instantly. Stacy said the death was accidental.
Death came to Bobby Lee four days after his ninth birthday. He was born in Muscatine county May 9, 1946, the son of Neil and Anna Wheeler Brown. Besides his parents, he leaves a sister, Patricia, 12, and a brother, Ray, 10, and two half-brothers, Charles and Raymond Patterson, both of Bull Shoals, Arkansas.
Last rites will be held at the Dudgeon funeral home at 2 p.m. Sunday. Officiating will be the Reverend M. L. Blake, pastor of the Wapello Presbyterian church.
Burial will be in Elmwood cemetery, at Morning Sun.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Brown, Bobbie Lee; Sex: F; Born: 1946; Died or Buried: 1955; Age: 9; Buried: Elmwood (township = Morning Sun); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page MS-24; Notes: born 9 May 1946; died 13 May 1955; son of Neil B. & Anna Brown
||15 May 1955
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Neil Britten Brown, b. 16 Dec 1915, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 8 Nov 1992, Saint Luke's Hospital, Davenport, Scott County, Iowa |
||Anna Isebelle Wheeler, b. 10 Oct 1914, Port Louisa Township, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 28 Oct 2004, Great River Medical Center, West Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||8 Aug 1942
||Kahoka, Clark County, Missouri [5, 6]
- [S189] Wyerman Family Descendants' Chart, (date unknown; Louisa County, Iowa).
- [S9003] Brown, Bobby Leo - Obituary, (originally published in the Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, front page, May 14, 1955; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 4).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1170] Brown, Anna Isebelle (Wheeler/Patterson) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, October 30, 2004; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1171] Brown, Neil Britten - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8B, November 9, 1992; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).