1911 - 1987
||Florence "Goggie" Coppes  |
||20 Nov 1911
||Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3]
||31 Oct 1987
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
||2 Nov 1987
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Florence "Goggie" Connolly, 75, of Route 2, Wapello, died Saturday, October 31, 1987, at her home.
Born November 20, 1911, in Des Moines County, she was the daughter of George and La Vina Wallman Coppes. She married Roy Connolly October 5, 1935, at Kahoka, Missouri.
She was as homemaker and farmed with her husband near Lowell before moving to the Wapello area in 1945 where they continued farming. She was a member of the Yarmouth Baptist Church.
Surviving are her husband; ten daughters, Mrs. Evelyn (Junior) Bielser, and Mrs. Daisy (Earl) Seitz, both of Gladstone, Illinois, Mrs. Colleen (Larry) Walker, Karen Zippe, and Mrs. Carmal (Tom) Allworth, all, of Wapello, Mrs. Dorothy (John) Malcom, Oakville, Mrs. Patricia (Carl) Smith, Stronghurst, Illinois, Mrs. Nancy (Eugene) Anderson, Washington, Mrs. Sharon (Tom) Jennings, Murray, Nebraska, and Marsha Robertson, Columbus Junction; two sons, Larry Connolly and Omar Connolly, both of Wapello; one sister, Mrs. Selma (Wallace) Connolly, Wapello; one brother, Curtis Coppes, Yarmouth; and 46 grandchildren, and eight greatgrandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 7 to 8:30 p.m. today at Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home, Wapello.
The service for Mrs. Connolly will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home with the Reverend Ronald Wigand officiating. Burial will be in the Wapello Cemetery.
A memorial has been established.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Connolly, Florence; born: 20 November 1911; died: October 1987; age: 75; last residence: (not specified); last benefit: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); state where issued: Iowa
||3 Nov 1987
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||George William Coppes, b. 1888, Washington Township, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 23 Oct 1967, near Yarmouth, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||Lavina M. Wallman, b. 1 Jan 1886, Pleasant Grove Township, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 16 Sep 1952, Burlington Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||1 Feb 1911
||Des Moines County, Iowa 
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Groom's Name: George William Coppes; Groom's Birth Date: 1888; Groom's Birthplace: Washington Township, Des Moines County, Iowa; Groom's Age: 23; Bride's Name: Lavina M. Wallman; Bride's Birth Date: 1886; Bride's Birthplace: Pleasant Grove Township, Des Moines County,; Bride's Age: 25; Marriage Date: 1 February 1911; Marriage Place: Des Moines, Iowa; Groom's Father's Name: William Coppes; Groom's Mother's Name: Louisa Abel; Bride's Father's Name: Hiram Wallman; Bride's Mother's Name: Mary Whitmanhause; Groom's Marital Status: Single; Bride's Marital Status: Single; Bride's Previous Husband's Name: (nothing); Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M02686-1; System Origin: Iowa-EASy; Source Film Number: 1675733; Reference Number: cn2113; Collection: Iowa Marriages, 1809-1992
||Roy Dennis Connolly, b. 19 Apr 1910, Butler, Custer County, Oklahoma , d. 5 Aug 1993, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||5 Oct 1935
||Kahoka, Clark County, Missouri 
- There were thirteen children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S6810] Connolly, Roy Dennis - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 7A, August 5, 1993; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S12201] Connolly, Florence "Goggie" (Coppes) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 7A, November 2, 1987; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).