1908 - 1971
||Donald Thomas Colton [1, 2, 3] |
||29 Mar 1908
||Cotter, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4, 5]
||Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa 
||25 Jul 1971
||Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa [3, 4, 5]
||26 Jul 1971
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|the Muscatine Journal |
- Funeral services for Donald Thomas Colton, 63, will be held Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. at the Stacy-Lewis Funeral Home, Columbus Junction. Reverend William Moon of Wapello will officiate. Burial will be in Columbus City cemetery.
Mr. Colton died at 10 Sunday morning in Mercy Hospital, Iowa City. The life resident of the area was a Columbus Junction businessman for 38 years.
Born March 29, 1908, in Cotter, he was the son of Larry and Elizabeth Fisher Colton. Opal Honts became his wife September 24, 1934. She died in 1958. Survivors include two sons, Larry Lee and Thomas Gene, both of Columbus Junction; one brother, Merle, Ainsworth; two sisters, Mrs. Herbert (Dorothy) Ellingson, Cedar Rapids, and Mrs. Arnold (Pearl) Bradshaw, Edinberg, Texas; and five grandchildren.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Colton, Donald; born: 29 March 1908; died: July 1971; age: 63; last residence: 52738 (Columbus Junction, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Colton, Don; Sex: M; Born: 1908; Died or Buried: 1971; Age: 63; Buried: Columbus City (township = Columbus City); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page CC-37; Notes: 1908-1971; husband of Opal
||28 Jul 1971
||Columbus City Cemetery, Columbus City, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 5]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Opal Honts, b. 1915, d. 1958 |
||24 Sep 1934 
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S9706] Colton, Lawrence Lee "Larry" - New Son Named, (originally published in The Muscatine Journal, page 12, February 6, 1941; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S6791] Colton, Lawrence Lee "Larry" and Linda Sander - Marriage Announcement, (originally published in The Muscatine Journal and News-Tribune, page 6, September 20, 1960; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S6790] Colton, Donald Thomas - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 9, July 26, 1971; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S7711] Colton, Tommy Gene "Tom" and Linda Kay Johnson - Engagement Announcement, (originally published in The Muscatine Journal and News Tribune, page 10, September 27, 1960; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).