1929 - 2009
||Exxa Lou "Peggy" Garland [1, 2] |
||17 Aug 1929
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4, 5]
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
|Morning Sun High School |
||31 Aug 2009
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [4, 5]
||1 Sep 2009
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Exxa Lou "Peggy" Hunt, age 80, of Wapello, died at her home Monday morning, August 31, 2009. The daughter of Fred and Retta Reames Garland, she was born on August 17, 1929, in Morning Sun. She married Forrest Hunt on December 10, 1966, in Morning Sun.
Peggy graduated from Morning Sun High School in 1946. She was a homemaker and farm wife, a wonderful cook and gardener. She enjoyed collecting hats and loved hummingbirds. She was an avid fan of the Lady Hawkeyes.
She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Wapello, the Red Hat Society, the Toolesboro Goodwill, the American Legion Auxiliary of Oakville, a member and past president of the Louisa County Soybean Association, and a member and spokesperson for the Iowa Soybean Association.
She is survived by her husband, Forrest; six children, David and Kathy Brown of New London, Danny and Rosemary Brown of Mt. Pleasant, Jim Brown of West Burlington, Jane and Randy Armstrong of Loveland, Colorado, Jerry Brown of Winfield, and Lou and Pete Whitehair of Burlington; eight grandchildren; several great-grandchildren; a brother, Donnie Garland of Virginia; along with several nieces and nephews including Jon and Dianna Hunt of Raleigh, North Carolina, Nancy and Jeff Carey of Columbus Junction, and Vickie and Frank Mincer of Lone Tree. She was preceded in death by her parents; two sisters, Cora and Freda; and three brothers, Jim, Steve and Charlie.
The funeral ceremony for Peggy Hunt will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, September 4, 2009, at the United Methodist Church in Wapello with Reverend Scott Smith officiating. Burial will follow at the Elmwood Cemetery in Morning Sun.
Friends may call after noon on Thursday at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home in Wapello where the family will meet friends from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Exxa L. Hunt; born: 17 August 1929; died: 31 August 2009 (V); last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 478-38-2149; state where issued: Iowa
||4 Sep 2009
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Forrest Hunt |
||10 Dec 1966
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S189] Wyerman Family Descendants' Chart, (date unknown; Louisa County, Iowa).
- [S8007] Morning Sun High School - Class of 1946 Roster, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, May 16, 1946; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S8008] Louisa's History - Volume 9 Number 4 Morning Sun Graduates, (originally published in Louisa's History by the Louisa County Historical Society, Volume 9, Number 4, October 2008; Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1169] Hunt, Exxa Lou "Peggy" (Garland) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, September 1, 2009; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).