1915 - 1983
||Fern Diller [1, 2] |
||9 Feb 1915
||Fredonia, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3]
||16 Jul 1983
||University Hospitals, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa [2, 3]
||18 Jul 1983
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Columbus Junction (IA) -- Mrs. Fern Van Auken, 68, Fredonia, died in University Hospitals, Iowa City, Saturday, July 16.
She was born February 9, 1915, at Fredonia to Mark and Mattie Wall Diller. She married Howard Van Auken April 1, 1934, in Rock Island, Illinois; he died August 7, 1981. She was a member of the United Methodist Church.
Surviving: Five sons, Burton, Denver, Iowa, Charles, West Des Moines, Mark, Muscatine, and James and Billy, both of Columbus Junction; daughter Edna Mae Powers, West Liberty; two sisters Zelma Humpleby, Muscatine, and Evelyn Moran, Fredonia; 16 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Funeral: 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Columbus Junction United Methodist Church, the Reverend Richard Faris; Columbus City Cemetery. A memorial to the church has been established at Stacy-Lewis Funeral Home.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Fern VanAuken; born: 9 February 1915; died: July 1983; last residence: 52738 (Columbus Junction, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
||19 Jul 1983
||Columbus City Cemetery, Columbus City, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Howard B. "Pappy" Van Auken, b. 25 Nov 1908, near Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 7 Aug 1981, University Hospitals, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
||1 Apr 1934
||Rock Island, Rock Island County, Illinois 
||rural Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa 
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S4634] Wilson, Ann Jeanette and Mark Leroy Van Auken - Marriage Announcement, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 13, August 19, 1969; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S6592] Van Auken, Fern (Diller) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 14, July 18, 1983, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).