1929 - 1983
||Bernice Mildred Elliott  |
||23 Jun 1929
||Gillette, Campbell County, Wyoming [2, 3, 4]
|an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper; republished at Find A Grave |
- Mrs. Bernice Mildred DeVore, 53, of Columbus City died Thursday, February 10, 1983, at Washington County Hospital, after an extended illness.
The funeral services were Tuesday, February 15, at 2 p.m. in Stacy-Lewis Funeral Home. The Reverend Joe Pyle, Assembly of God Church in Washington, officiated and burial was in Columbus City Cemetery.
Music was by Donna Belle Hughes and Reverend Joe Pyle. Casket bearers were Craig Cutkomp, Ray Boulton, Jim VanAuken, Jim Hora, Warren DeVore and Robert DeVore.
Mrs. DeVore was born July 23, 1929, at Gillette, Wyoming. Her parents were Fred and Ethel Mae Smith-Elliott. She married John E. DeVore Sr., August 1, 1952, at Rapid City, South Dakota.
She is survived by her husband, John, and nine children; Mrs. Brian (Donna) Morris of Mount Pleasant, Richard DeVore of Casper Air Force Base, California, Mrs. Cecil (Debbie) Simmons of Columbus Junction, Mrs. Michael (Deana) Buck of Ainsworth, John E. DeVore Jr., in the U.S. Army, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Mrs. John (Darla) Hora, Conesville, Linda, Earl and Merle, at home; five grandchildren; and four half brothers; Russell Elliott of Sheridan, Wyoming, Walter Elliott of Washington state, Paul Hite of Eugene, Oregon and Carl Hite of Gillette, Wyoming.
Her parents and one half brother preceded her in death.
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Devore, Bernice (Elliott); Sex: F; Born: 1929; Died or Buried: 1983; Age: 54; Buried: Columbus City (township = Columbus City); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page CC-42; Notes: 1929-1983; wife of John E.
||10 Feb 1983
||Washington County Hospital, Washington, Washington County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||15 Feb 1983
||Columbus City Cemetery, Columbus City, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||John Ellsworth DeVore, b. 18 Jan 1930, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 17 Feb 2003, Biloxi, Harrison County, Mississippi |
||1 Aug 1952
||Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota [1, 4]
- There were nine children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S6307] DeVore, John Ellsworth - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 15, February 21, 2003; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S6308] DeVore, Bernice Mildred (Elliott) - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper, February 1983; republished at Find A Grave) (Reliability: 3).