1915 - 1989
||Margery Wilson  |
||8 Jan 1915
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||13 May 1989
||Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4]
||15 May 1989
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Margery F. Matthews, 74, of Wapello, died Saturday, May 13, 1989, at Burlington Medical Center.
Born January 8, 1915, in Morning Sun, she was the daughter of James and Fannie Duryea Wilson. She married Burt Matthews June 27, 1936, in Cedar Rapids.
She had been employed with the Wapello Theater, the Foster and Botts Cafe and Homecrest Hardware.
She was a member of the United Methodist Church, Wapello, and the Nimble Fingers Sewing Club, and was a charter member and past president of the VFW Auxiliary, Wapello.
Surviving are her husband; two daughters, Nancy Trippy, Marysville, California, and Marcia Marlette, Wapello; one sister, Kathleen Stone, Wapello; and four grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 7 to 8 p.m. today at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home, Wapello.
The service for Mrs. Matthews will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home, Wapello, with the Reverend George Yetter officiating. Burial will be in Wapello Cemetery.
A memorial has been established for the Keck Memorial Library, Wapello.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Margery F. Matthews; born: 8 January 1915; died: May 1989; last residence: (not specified); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 483-07-7575; state where issued: Iowa
||16 May 1989
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa
||31 Mar 2015 |
||James Earl Wilson, b. 10 Jun 1892, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 17 May 1970, Burlington Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||Fannie B. Duryea, b. 13 Apr 1895, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 7 Sep 1988, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||10 Feb 1914
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
||Burt Benson Matthews, b. 31 May 1912, d. 26 Nov 1998 |
||27 Jun 1936
||Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa 
- There were two daughters from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S4470] Wilson, Fannie B. (Duryea) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 5B, September 8, 1988; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S588] Veromi Report (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S6297] Matthews, Margery F. (Wilson) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 7A, May 15, 1989; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).