1914 - 1964
||Orval L. Bryant [1, 2, 3] |
||8 Nov 1914
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4]
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [4, 5]
|Morning Sun High School |
||2 Apr 1964
||Burlington Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4, 6, 7]
||3 Apr 1964
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Burlington Hawk-Eye |
- Morning Sun (IA) -- Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday at the Methodist church in Morning Sun for Mr. Orval L. Bryant, 49, who died Thursday morning at Burlington hospital. The Reverend A. V. Wiegel will officiate. Burial will be in Elmwood cemetery. The body will be taken from Pierce Funeral home to the church at 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
Mr. Bryant was the son of George and Lulu Wolverton Bryant, born in Morning Sun on November 8, 1914. He was a 1933 Morning Sun high school graduate. On September 20, 1936, he was married to Wilma Baird at Gladstone, Illinois.
Mr. Bryant worked for many years as an electrician in the community. He was a member of the Methodist church, Masonic lodge, Lions and Eagles.
Survivors include his wife, a daughter, Mrs. Beverly Todd, Morning Sun; a grandson, Michael Lee; his mother, Mrs. Lulu Bryant, Morning Sun; four brothers, Max, Walter, Cecil and Kenneth Bryant, all of Morning Sun; four sisters, Mrs. Irene Carpenter, Arizona; Mrs. Darlene Dean, Morning Sun; Mrs. Shirley Haight and Mrs. Maxine Hobbs, both of Mediapolis.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Orbal Bryant; born: 8 November 1914; died: April 1964; state where issued: Iowa
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Orval L. Bryant; Sex: M; Born: 1914; Died or Buried: 1964; Age: 50; Buried: Elmwood (township = Morning Sun); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page MS-26; Notes: born 8 November 1914; died 2 April 1964
||5 Apr 1964
||Elmwood Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa [4, 6]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||George Bryant, b. 6 Aug 1887, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 17 Jul 1951, Iowa |
||Lula Florence Wolverton, b. 22 Oct 1890, Prairie Grove, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 5 Feb 1981, Morning Sun Manor, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
||16 Jun 1910
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||Wilma Verlee Baird, b. 15 Aug 1917, Newport, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 11 May 1992, University Hospitals, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
||20 Sep 1936
||Gladstone, Henderson County, Illinois [4, 7]
- There was a daughter from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S897] Moyers, Dorothy Mae (Baird) - Obituary (Muscatine Journal), (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 12, June 30, 1970).
- [S894] Moore, Mary Francis (Baird) - Obituary, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, page 9, July 7, 1947; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S1118] Bryant, Orval L. - Obituary, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye, page 8, April 3, 1964; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S8008] Louisa's History - Volume 9 Number 4 Morning Sun Graduates, (originally published in Louisa's History by the Louisa County Historical Society, Volume 9, Number 4, October 2008; Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1119] Bryant, Wilma Verlee (Baird) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 9A, May 12, 1992; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1445] Bryant, Lula Florence (Wolverton) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 16, February 6, 1981; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).