1905 - 1992
||Lora Leota Alfred  |
||10 Jul 1905
||Fort Madison, Lee County, Iowa [2, 3]
||11 Jun 1992
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Lora Leota Miller, 86, died at 1:25 a.m. Thursday, June 11, 1992, at Sunnyslope Care Center in Ottumwa.
Born June 10, 1905, in Fort Madison, she was the daughter of Mart and Nellie Gabbert Alfred.
She married Clarence Miller on November 4, 1944, in Danville. He died August 19, 1974.
She was a 1923 graduate of Fairfield High School. She had lived in Middletown for 40 years and later in Fairfield and Agency. She worked for the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad and then was town clerk at Middletown for 27 years. She was a member of the Presbyterian Church in Middletown and the Rebekah Lodge in Agency.
There are no survivors.
The body has been cremated.
The funeral will be at a later date.
A memorial has been established for the Fairfield Public Library, c/o Mary Ellen Hall, 308 East Pierce Street, Fairfield, Iowa 52556.
Behner Funeral Home, Fairfield, is in charge of arrangements.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Lora A. Miller; born: 10 July 1905; died: 11 June 1992; last residence: 52645 (New London, Henry, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 485-18-2998; state where issued: Iowa
||11 Jun 1992
||Sunnyslope Care Center, Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa [2, 3]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Clarence William Miller, b. 14 Jan 1898, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. 19 Aug 1974, Burlington Memorial Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||4 Nov 1944
||Danville, Des Moines County, Iowa [1, 3]
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S6138] Miller, Clarence William - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8, August 20, 1974; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S6139] Miller, Lora Leota (Alfred) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 11, June 11, 1992; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).