1923 - 2002
||Jaye R. Garrison [1, 2, 3] |
||4 Nov 1923
||Kennebec, Lyman County, South Dakota [3, 4]
- Jaye remarried to Dollie I. Fleming, indicating he and Hazel were divorced.
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|Wapello High School |
||19 Jan 2002
||Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa [3, 4]
||21 Jan 2002
||Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa 
|The Gazette |
- Jaye R. Garrison, 78, of 365 Dwight Drive, died Saturday, January 19, 2002, in his home following a short illness. Services: 10 a.m. Tuesday, Christ Community Church, Marion, by the Reverend Dick Speight. Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Murdoch Funeral Home & Cremation Center, Marion. Burial: Cedar Memorial Park Cemetery, Cedar Rapids.
Military rites will be performed at the church by American Legion Post 298 of Marion.
Survivors include his wife, Dollie; a son, Dennis Chesrown of Marion; his brother, Robert Garrison and wife Grace of Davenport; four granddaughters; two grandsons; a great-granddaughter; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents; two children, Hope and John Garrison, who died at birth; two sisters, Donna Steiger and Mildred Karasek; and his brother, Lloyd Garrison.
Jaye was born November 4, 1923, the son of Logan and Lureta (Prather) Garrison in Kennebec, South Dakota. He graduated from Wapello High School and then served in the US Navy during World War II aboard the USS Bowfin submarine. Jaye worked for many years as a master millwright for Oscar Mayer, retiring in 1980. On May 7, 1988, he married Dollie I. Fleming in Marion. Jaye was an avid member of Christ Community Church in Marion, where he served as a Stephens minister and as manager of the Fellowship Club for 12 years.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in memory of Jaye.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Jaye R. Garrison; born: 4 November 1923; died: 19 January 2002 (V); age: 78; last residence: 52302 (Marion, Linn, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: 484-14-3807
||22 Jan 2002
||Cedar Memorial Park Cemetery, Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
- [S8751] Eubanks, Russell - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 7A, March 23, 1992; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S789] Hemphill Family Dinner, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 17, March 28, 1962; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S5821] Garrison, Jaye R. - Obituary, (originally published in The Gazette, page 4B, January 21, 2002; Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).