1937 - 1977
||Leonard Albert Eversmeyer [1, 2] |
||30 Sep 1937
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|Wapello High School |
||14 May 1955
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette |
WAPELLO HIGH SCHOOL, class of '55.
Left to right are (top row): Bob Schafer, class vice president; Superintendant K. F. Witt; Principal Lewis Dye, and Advisor Frank Sisk; second row: Lucy Grimm, class treasurer, and Advisor Arlowyn Loghry; third row: Burns McNeil; Joyce Wilson, class secretary; Yvonne Charbonneaux and Harlan Hayes, class president; fourth row: Sharon Hammond, Marvin Mills, Thelma Jean Hutchison, Harold Hayes, Jerry Jack and Jacqueline Small.
Fifth row: Jack Stephens, Diane Elliott, Richard Schneider, Pearl May Wright, Gary Grouwinkel, Janet Gerling and Rex Humiston; sixth row: Marilyn Schneider; Robert Pealer, Paula Edwards, Leonard Eversmeyer, Norma Brauns, Wardell Edgington and Mary Ella Reutinger, and bottom row: Burton Willits, Erick McWilliams, Daryl Hartsock, Beverly Maddux, Rex Moore, Burton Samuels and Ronald Winslow.
||13 Jul 1977
||Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||14 Jul 1977
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|the Muscatine Journal |
- Wapello (IA) -- Leonard Albert Eversmeyer, 39, died at 7:30 Wednesday evening at the Burlington Medical Center following an extended illness.
Services will be held at 1:30 p.m., Friday at the Wapello United Methodist Church.
Burial will be in the Wapello Cemetery. Masonic services will be held this evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral [Home] with visitation to follow until 9 p.m.
The son of Delbert and Helen (Hines) Eversmeyer, he was born September 30, 1937, in Muscatine. He was a life resident of Wapello. He married Juanita Eubanks on May 7, 1965, in Oakville. He was a member of the Wapello United Methodist Church, Wapello Lodge No. 5 of A.F. & A.M. and the Wapello Volunteer Fire Department. He had been employed at the I.A.A.P. for 20 years. The latter part of the 20 years he served as a fireman.
Survivors include his wife; his parents; two sons, Danny at home and Doug of Burlington; two daughters, Joellen at home and Cathy of Burlington; five brothers, Dale of Wapello, Don of Burlington, Richard of Oelwein, Allen of Muscatine and Jim of Newton.
He was preceded in death by one infant brother.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Leonard Eversmeyer; born: 30 September 1937; died: July 1977; last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 479-44-9076; state where issued: Iowa
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Eversmeyer, Leonard Albert Sex: M; Born: 1937; Died or Buried: 1977; Age: 40; Buried: Wapello (township = Wapello); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page W-45; Notes: born 30 September 1937; died 13 July 1977
||15 Jul 1977
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 4]
||31 Mar 2015 |
- [S1200] Merrick, Hiram "Marion" - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 12, August 29, 1977; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S5724] Eversmeyer, Leonard Albert - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 7, July 14, 1977; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1599] Wapello High School (Iowa) - Senior Class Roster, 1955, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, Second Section, page 1, May 14, 1955; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).