1917 - 2001
||Rev. Harland Trev Gant, Sr. [1, 2] |
||18 Nov 1917
||Aura, Gloucester County, New Jersey 
||Glassboro, Gloucester County, New Jersey 
|Glassboro High School |
||Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
|Temple University and Temple Divinity School |
||3 Jul 2001
||Ames, Story County, Iowa 
||7 Jul 2001
||Ames, Story County, Iowa 
|the First United Methodist Church |
||12 Jul 2001
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|the Wapello Republican |
- The Reverend Harland T. Gant, 82, a resident of Ames, Iowa, since 1988, died Tuesday, July 3, 2001, at Israel Family Hospice House in Ames. Memorial services were held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, July 7, 2001, at First United Methodist Church in Ames, with The Reverends Larry LaVelle and James Dotson officiating. There was no visitation. His body was cremated and will be buried at a later date in New Jersey. Arrangement were made by the Adams Funeral Home in Ames.
Memorials have been established for Habitat for Humanity; First United Methodist Church Foundation; or the American Center Society.
Born November 18, 1917, in Aura, New Jersey, he was the son of George and Mary Murphy Gant. He was a graduate of Glasboro, New Jersey, High School and Temple University and Temple Divinity School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He married Nina Stanton, June 27, 1942, in Cedarville, New Jersey.
He was a minister in the United Methodist Church and served Iowa Methodist churches in Luther/Napier, Marengo, Des Moines/Windsor, Wapello, West Liberty, Greenfield, Tama/Montour, Clarinda, Collins/Loring and State Center. He retired in 1983.
Survivors include his wife, Nina, at home; two sons, Harland Gant Jr., Kansas City, Missouri, and David Gant, Apple Valley, Minnesota; two daughters, Rosemary Dotson, Dubuque, Iowa, and Susan Gant, Ames; five grandchildren, Peter and Susannah Dotson and Michael, Sara and Christopher Gant; one sister, Ella Rae Harrell, Monroeville, New Jersey; and one brother, Kenneth Gant, Red Hook, New York.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister, and an infant brother.
- He was a Methodist minister, and worked at Wapello before going to Greenfield, Iowa.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Harland T. Gant; born: 18 November 1917; died: 3 July 2001 (V); last residence: 50010 (Ames, Story, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 154-05-4167; state where issued: New Jersey
- His cremains were to be buried "at a later date" (after July 7, 2001) in New Jersey
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Nina Stanton, b. 11 Feb 1917, Cedarville, Cumberland County, New Jersey , d. 26 Jul 2008, Ames, Story County, Iowa |
||27 Jun 1942
||Cedarville, Cumberland County, New Jersey [4, 5]
||Greenfield, Adair County, Iowa 
|U.S. Public Records Index
- Name: Reverend Harland T. Gant; Birth Date: November 1917; Address: 1217 Jefferson Street, Ames, Iowa 50010-0601 (1993); [121 4th Street, Collins, Iowa 50055-0101 (1987)]
Name: Nina S. Gant; Address: 1217 Jefferson Street, Ames, Iowa 50010-0601 (1993); [121 4th Street, Collins, Iowa 50055-0101 (1987)]
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S1326] Dotson, James Lee and Rosemary Mildred Gant - Engagement Announcement, (originally published in the Muscatine Daily Journal, page 7, July 10, 1970; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S588] Veromi Report (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S5722] Gant, Harland Trev (Sr.) (Rev.) - Obituary, (originally published in the Wapello Republican, July 12, 2001; Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1327] Gant, Nina (Stanton) - Obituary, (originally published in the West Libert Index, August 6, 2008; West Liberty, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S71] U.S. Public Records Index (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).