1921 - 2005
||Murray J. Sheafor [1, 2, 3] |
||11 Feb 1921
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|Wapello High School |
||8 May 2005
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4]
||9 May 2005
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|the Muscatine Journal |
- Wapello (IA) -- Murray Stineman, 84, Wapello, died Sunday, May 8, 2005, at her home surrounded by her family.
Graveside services: 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 10, Wapello Cemetery, Wapello.
The Reverend James H. Huston will officiate the services. After the services, the family will gather with friends in the First Presbyterian Church fellowship hall. Her body has been cremated.
A memorial fund has been established for the Wapello Rescue Unit, the VFW Ladies Auxiliary, and First Presbyterian Church Youth Group. The Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home, Wapello, is in charge of the arrangements.
Mrs. Stineman was born February 11, 1921, in Burlington, the daughter of Delmar Guy and Vira Murray Sheafor. She married Robert Leroy Stineman May 26, 1940, in Kahoka, Missouri. He preceded her in death November 22, 1981.
She graduated from Wapello High School in 1939.
She worked as the secretary for the superintendent at Wapello Community School. Later, she and her husband owned and operated the Stineman Clothing, Dry cleaning, and Laundromat, Wapello. She later worked as a librarian at Keck Memorial Library, Wapello.
She was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Ladies Auxiliary, Wapello; had been a Cub Scout den mother; and was a member of the Purple Hat Society. She had been affiliated with First Presbyterian Church, Wapello.
She enjoyed reading, bird watching, playing with her cats, playing cards, and specifically enjoyed her three granddaughters.
She had a special cat, Misty.
Survivors include two sons, Ledel Stineman of Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Jan Stineman wife Sandra of Denver, Colorado; three granddaughters, Stephanie Gipple of Wapello, Surann Horodyski of Littleton, Colorado, and Danell Walpole of Castle Rock, Colorado; seven great-grandchildren, Megan, Kara, and Dillon Gipple, Ashley and Kristen Horodyski, and Gage and Alexandra Walpole; and a brother, Jim D. Sheafor of Phoenix, Arizona.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a son, Jimmy; and a grandson, Lance.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Murray J. Stineman; born: 11 February 1921; died: 8 May 2005 (V); last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
||10 May 2005
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Robert LeRoy Stineman, b. 17 May 1920, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 22 Nov 1981, Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
||26 May 1940
||Kahoka, Clark County, Missouri [2, 4]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S1318] Scheihing, Ruth Ann - Wedding Shower, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 5, November 13, 1961, Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S5719] Stineman, Robert LeRoy - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 12, November 23, 1981; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S1320] Stineman, Murray J. (Sheafor) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of the Muscatine Journal, May 9, 2005; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S1194] Stineman, Robert "Lance" - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 19, June 12, 1979; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).