1933 - 2008
||Elizabeth A. "Betty" Nordberg  |
||1 Oct 1933
||Waukegan, Lake County, Illinois [2, 3]
||3 Mar 2008
||Waukesha, Waukesha County, Wisconsin [1, 2, 3]
||6 Mar 2008
||Waukesha, Waukesha County, Wisconsin 
|an unknown Wisconsin newspaper |
- Elizabeth A. "Betty" Hoye, of Waukesha since 1971, passed away peacefully surrounded by her family March 3, 2008, at age 74.
Betty was a member of the Waukesha Symphony Auxiliary, the Waukesha Service Club, the Merrill Hills Country Club and the Imperial Golf Club of Naples, Florida. She enjoyed working with the Literacy Council of Bonita Springs, Florida., and was proud to help her very special friend, Laura Bermudez. Her many friendships were treasured. Betty was an ardent and excellent gardener and cook and enjoyed playing golf with her friends.
"You go from us into a new beginning; We rejoice for you and wish you an easy journey into the Light. The wind will speak to us of you; the birds will mention your name; Snow and rain and fog, first light and last light, all will remind us that you had a certain way of being that was dear to us."
She is lovingly survived by her husband of 54 years, Bill. She was the loving mom of Patricia (Ken) Huser, Mary (Craig) Thompson, Cathleen (Bob) Lewandowski and Carolyn (Charlie) Russell; cherished grandmother of Megan and Shannon Biwan, Mary and Rachel Lewandowski, Elizabeth and Casey Hoye and Billy, Sarah and Robbie Russell; and beloved sister of Lorraine Herrin and Hal and Jay Nordberg. She is further survived by other relatives and many friends.
Betty was preceded in death by her daughter, Margaret Hoye.
Visitation will be held from 9:30 a.m. until the 11:30 a.m. Mass of Christian burial today, March 6, at St. Mary's Catholic Church, 225 S. Hartwell Avenue, Waukesha. The Very Reverend James T. Volkert will be officiating. Entombment will be at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery, Waukesha.
In lieu of flowers, memorials in Betty's name may be directed to St. Mary's Catholic Church (see address above) or Rolland Nelson Crossroads Hospice, 1020 James Drive Suite E, Hartland, WI 53029.
Betty's family is very grateful for the kindness and help they received from Rolland Nelson Crossroads Hospice, St. Mary's Catholic Church and the oncology staff at Waukesha Memorial Hospital.
Cesarz, Charapata & Zinnecker Funeral Home, Cremation and Preplanning Services are serving the family. For further information, please call 542-6609, or for directions, an online obituary or to leave a condolence, please visit www.waukeshasfuneralhome.com.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Elizabeth A. Hoye; born: 1 October 1933; died: 3 March 2008 (V); last residence: 34110 (Naples, Collier, Florida); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 340-26-4662; state where issued: Illinois
||6 Mar 2008
||Saint Joseph Cemetery, Waukesha, Waukesha County, Wisconsin 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Harold Benjamin Nordberg, b. 4 Jan 1897, Marinette County, Wisconsin , d. 31 Aug 1963, San Francisco, San Francisco County, California |
||Lois Ione Smith, b. 22 Apr 1901, Newark, Essex County, New Jersey , d. 14 Aug 1997, Islamorada, Monroe County, Florida |
||Abt 1920 
|Florida Divorce Records
- Name: Harold B. Nordberg; Gender: Male; Spouse's name: Lois I. Nordberg; Divorce Date: 1945; County: Dade; Certificate Number: 9494
||Elizabeth A. "Betty" (Nordberg) Hoye|
Elizabeth (1933-2008) was the wife of William O. Hoye. She lived in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Her brother, Jay W. Nordberg, is the husband of Idella Nan Rexroat.
- [S5655] Hoye, Elizabeth A. "Betty" (Nordberg) - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown Wisconsin newspaper, March 6, 2008; republished at "Waukesha County Obituaries" (web site); Waukesha, Waukesha County, Wisconsin) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S3414] Ancestry Public Member: Nordberg Family Tree (Reliability: 3).
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Niles Center Village, Niles Township, Cook County, Illinois; enumeration district: 16-2232, supervisor's district: 3; sheet number: 8A, page number: 35; enumeration date: April 9, 1930
- [S5139] Florida Divorce Index, 1907-2001 (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).