1912 - 1985
||Catharina Margretha "Kate" Peters  |
||12 Nov 1912
||Westside, Crawford County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
||2 Apr 1985
||Eufaula, McIntosh County, Oklahoma [2, 3, 4]
||3 Apr 1985
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Wapello (IA) -- Mrs. Catharina Margretha (Kate) Schwob, 72, long-time Wapello School District teacher, died Tuesday, April 2, at her home, Eufaula, Oklahoma, Route 1.
She was born November 12, 1912, at West Side (sic: Westside), to Edward and Laura Marie Kracht Peters. She attended Iowa state Teachers College and received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Iowa Wesleyan College, Mt. Pleasant. She married Walter (Pete) Schwob in Davenport June 3, 1935.
Mrs. Schwob was a member of the United Methodist Church, OES, and Iowa Education Association. Surviving: Her husband; daughter Shirley Schneider, Hedrick; brother Edward Peters, Arlington, Virginia; three grandchildren; and one great-grandson.
Funeral: 2 p.m. Thursday at First Methodist Church of Eufaula, the Reverend Posey Gaines; 2 p.m. Saturday at Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home, the Reverend George Yetter; Parsons Cemetery. An American Cancer Society memorial has been established.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Catharina Schwob; born: 12 November 1912; died: April 1985; last residence: 74432 (Eufaula, Mcintosh, Oklahoma); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 485-03-2385; state where issued: Iowa
||6 Apr 1985
||Parson's Cemetery, Jefferson Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Walter Dayton "Pete" Schwob, b. 4 Oct 1912, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 23 Dec 1988, Eufaula, McIntosh County, Oklahoma |
||3 Jun 1935
||Davenport, Scott County, Iowa [1, 2, 4]
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S5470] Schneider, Shirley Ann (Schwob) - Email (Reliability: 3).
- [S5471] Schwob, Catharina Margretha "Kate" (Peters) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 15, April 3, 1985; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S5472] Schwob, Walter Dayton "Pete" - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 6B, December 26, 1988; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).