1876 - 1956
||Julie E. Hynes  |
||near Conesville, Muscatine County, Iowa [1, 2]
||Oakland Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- July E. Hines, daughter, white, female, born in April 1876, age 24, single, born in Iowa, father born in Ireland, mother born in England, occupation dress maker, could read, could write, could speak English
||17 Jul 1956
||Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa 
||19 Jul 1956
||Swank Cemetery, Fremont Township, Johnson County, Iowa 
||23 Jul 1956
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|the Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette |
- Mrs. Julia McCollister, 79, of Lone Tree, died July 17 in Mercy hospital, Iowa City
Last rites were conducted in St. Mary Roman Catholic church of Lone Tree on July 19. Burial was at the Swank cemetery ?? of Conesville.
Mrs. McCollister was born near Conesville, a daughter of William and Betty Hynes, and was married to the late T. J. McCollister.
Survivors include a daughter, Mrs. John Reed, Iowa City, two sisters, Mrs. Harry Morse of Iowa City and Mrs. Katherine Holen? of Columbus Junction, and three grandchildren.
- Her obituary was published in the Lone Tree Reporter July 19, 1956.
||31 Mar 2015 |
||John William Hynes, b. 29 Sep 1821, Ireland , d. 9 Apr 1907, Johnson County, Iowa |
||Elizabeth "Betsy" Eden, b. 17 Feb 1845, Mollington, , Oxfordshire, England , d. 7 Mar 1926, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa |
||29 Aug 1864
||Johnson County, Iowa [4, 5]
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Name: John Hines; Event: Marriage; Event Date: 29 August 1864; Event Place: Johnson, Iowa; Spouse: Betsey Eaton; Film Number: 986009; Digital Folder Number: 004265515; Image Number: 00448
||T. Jeff McCollister, b. 4 Dec 1862, rural Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa , d. 1 Jun 1936, rural Lone Tree, Johnson County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S54] 1900 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Oakland Township, Louisa County, Iowa; enumeration district: 99, supervisor's district: 1, sheet number: 1A, page number: 101; enumeration date: June 1, 1900
- [S11671] McCollister, Julia E. (Hynes) - Obituary, (originally published in the Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, page 13, July 23, 1956; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S8999] Swank Cemetery, Johnson County, Iowa - Burials (Reliability: 3).
- [S38] 1925 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa; Roll IA1925_1817
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).