1895 - 1940
||Stephen Andrew Plumb, Sr. [1, 2, 3] |
||12 Oct 1895
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4]
||1 May 1940
||Davenport, Scott County, Iowa [3, 4]
|Cause: tuberculosis |
||2 May 1940
||Davenport, Scott County, Iowa 
|The Davenport Democrat and Leader |
- Stephen Plumb, 44, who resided two miles east of Montpelier, Iowa, died at 5:30 a.m. Thursday (May 1, 1940) in Pine Knoll Sanitarium following a three year illness.
Born October 12, 1895, to Stephen P. and Mathilda Andrews Plumb near Wapello, Iowa, he received his education in that community. He was married to Gladys Kerr August 31, 1917, in Columbus Junction, Iowa.
Mr. Plumb was a barber by trade but retired because of his ill health.
Surviving are the widow; three daughters, Gwendolyn, Vivian and Elizabeth, and three sons, Stephen, Phillip and Kenneth, all at home; his mother, Mrs. Mathilda Plumb, Davenport; a sister, Mrs. Mathilda Alice Wehmeyer, Davenport; and a brother, Leo Plumb, Wapello.
Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Runge Chapel, followed by incineration at the Davenport crematorium.
Funeral services for Stephen Plumb, who resided near Montpelier, Iowa and who died Thursday, were held at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Runge Chapel with the Reverend A. W. Gable officiating. Incineration was in the Davenport crematorium.
Pall Bearers were Lloyd, Jesse and Randall Kerr, Leo Plumb, Wayne Wilson and Ernest Wehmeyer.
||4 May 1940
||Fairmount Cemetery, Davenport, Scott County, Iowa [3, 4]
||28 Jan 2014 |
||Gladys Fernwood Kerr, b. 8 Sep 1897, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 28 Apr 1949, University Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
||31 Aug 1917
||Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 4]
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Name: Stephen A. Plumb; Event Type: Marriage; Event Date: 31 August 1917; Event Place: Louisa County, Iowa, United States; Age: 21; Father's Name: Stephen Plumb; Mother's Name: Mathilda Andrews; Spouse's Name: Gladys F. Kerr; Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1898; Spouse's Father's Name: Jesse Kerr; Spouse's Mother's Name: Mary Stitt; Gs Film Number: 1870162; Digital Folder Number: 004322391
- There were six children from this marriage.
||28 Jan 2014 |
- [S12689] Kerr, Mary Harriet "Birtie" (Stitt) - Obituary, (originally published in The Morning Sun News-Herald, front page, March 8, 1934; Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S12690] Plumb, Stephen Andrew (Sr.) - Obituary and Funeral Notice, (originally published in The Davenport Democrat and Leader, May 2, 1940; Davenport, Scott County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).