1893 - 1983
||William Joens  |
||3 Oct 1893
||Lincoln Township, Audubon County, Iowa [1, 2, 3]
- William Joens, 89, a retired farmer, died unexpectedly Monday, August 8, at the Manning General Hospital.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, August 11, at Zion Lutheran church in Manning with the Reverend Paul Krumm officiating. Dorothy Kusel will be organist. Burial, under the direction of the Ohde Funeral Home of Manning will be in the Manning cemetery. Casketbearers will be Alvin Musfeldt, Ivan Joens, Lester Joens, Paul Joens, Donald Sporrer and Larry Sporrer.
Mr. Joens is survived by his wife, Elna, Manning; two sons: Orland and his wife Barbara, Phoenix, Arizona, and Lyle and his, wife Babara, Audubon; three grandchildren: Jennifer Brenner, Phoenix, Arizona; Keith Joens, Harbor City, California, and Kathleen Joens, Des Moines; three great-grandchildren: Emily Brenner, Carrie Joens and Christopher William Joens; a sister, Elsie Sporrer, Carroll; nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, seven brothers, two of whom died in infancy, and Eggert, Alfred, John, Henry and Emil, and two sisters: Alvena Joens and Emma Musfeldt.
Mr. Joens was born October 3, 1893, in Lincoln Township, Audubon County, a son of Jurgen and Catherine Joens. He was married to Elna Groteluschen on March 9, 1921, at Trinity Lutheran church in Lincoln Township, Audubon County. They farmed south of Manning until 1948 when they moved into Manning. He was confirmed in the Lutheran faith on July 15, 1926, at Trinity Lutheran Church. He was a member of Trinity church and later of Zion Lutheran Church in Manning.
(William Joens is buried in the Manning City Cemetery. Section F Row #7 north - south.)
|Social Security Administration Information
- William Joens; born: 3 October 1893; died: August 1983; last residence: 51455 (Manning, Carroll, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 482-42-3986; state where issued: Iowa
||8 Aug 1983
||Manning, Carroll County, Iowa [1, 2]
||11 Aug 1983
||Manning Cemetery, Manning, Carroll County, Iowa [1, 3]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Elna Louise Groteluschen, b. 17 Oct 1897, Gray, Audubon County, Iowa , d. 18 Jun 1989, Manning, Carroll County, Iowa |
||9 Mar 1921
||Gray, Audubon County, Iowa [1, 3]
- There were two children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S5283] World Connect - Colfax Deutschland Platte Ancestors: ehlerswa, (last updated: 2007-08-03 18:07:06 UTC (Fri), contact: William A. Ehlers) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S5284] Joens, William - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown Iowa newspaper, probably the Manning Monitor, August 1983) (Reliability: 3).