1862 - 1952
||Mary Ann Boyles  |
||20 Jul 1862
||Belfast, , Antrim, (Northern) Ireland [1, 2, 3]
- The Illinois marriage index online listed her maiden surname as Bogles, the 1925 Iowa state census information for her daughter, Ellen, listed it as Boyles, which seems more likely judging from a cursory check of 1870 and 1880 census records.
||Gladstone Township, Henderson County, Illinois 
- Mary Ann Thomas, wife, white, female, born in July 1862, age 37, married, married for 14 years, mother of 5 children, 4 of these children living, born in Ireland, father born in Ireland, mother born in Ireland, immigrated to the US in 1885, number of years in the US: 15, could read, could write, could speak English
|Iowa State Census
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
- Mary A. Thomas, wife, female, white, age 62, married, naturalized, number of years in the U.S.: 57, number of years in Iowa: 10, attended rural school, highest reader attained: 4th grade, could read, could write, place of birth: Ireland, name of father: William Boyles, father's birthplace: Ireland, father's age at last birthday: Elizabeth Tevenson, name of mother: Ireland, mother's birthplace: Ireland, occupation involved with domestic/personal services, church affiliation: Presbyterian
||31 Jul 1952
||Burlington Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4]
||1 Aug 1952
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette |
- Mrs. Mary Ann Thomas, 90, who had been making her home with 3 daughters in Burlington the last few years, died Thursday (July 31, 1952) at 4:30 p.m. in Burlington hospital.
She was born in Belfast, Ireland July 20, 1862, and came to the U.S. at the age of 6. She had lived in Burlington for 38 years, coming here from Biggsville, Illinois.
September 10, 1885, she married Evan Thomas in Biggsville. He died in Burlington October 23, 1943. She was a member of Williamson Memorial United Presbyterian church, Harriett Milne missionary circle, and Ladies Aid of the church.
Surviving are 4 daughters: Mrs. Irene Wilkerson of Pasadena, California, Mrs. Anna Brust, Mrs. Bessie Crabb and Mrs. Ellen Redfern of Burlington: a sister, Mrs. Ella Boyd of Biggsville: 9 grandchildren, 18 great grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild; a number of nieces and nephews. A son, 3 brothers, and 3 sisters are also dead.
Services will be Sunday at 2 p.m. in Burnett Wallen funeral home. Reverend H. J. Findlay will officiate. Burial will be in Biggsville cemetery. Navy mothers will attend services in a body.
||3 Aug 1952
||Biggsville Cemetery, Biggsville, Henderson County, Illinois [3, 4]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Evan Alexander Thomas, b. Jul 1858, Pennsylvania , d. 23 Oct 1943, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||9 Sep 1885
||Henderson County, Illinois [1, 5]
||10 Sep 1885
||Biggsville, Henderson County, Illinois 
|Illinois Marriage Index
- Groom: Thomas, Evan A.; Bride: Bogles, Mary Ann; Marriage date: September 9, 1885, Volume: 00C; License: 0045; County: Henderson
| ||1. Irene Gina Thomas, b. Feb 1886, Illinois , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Anna G. Thomas, b. 11 Feb 1888, Biggsville, Henderson County, Illinois , d. 27 Feb 1985, Applegate Care Center, Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois |
| ||3. Bessie V. Thomas, b. Jul 1894, Nebraska , d. Yes, date unknown|
|>||4. Ellen P. Thomas, b. 11 Jun 1898, Gladstone, Henderson County, Illinois , d. 5 Mar 1981, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
| ||5. (Son - 55446) Thomas, d. Bef 1900|
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S38] 1925 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa; Roll: IA1925_1692
- [S54] 1900 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Gladstone Precinct, Henderson County, Illinois; enumeration district: 44, supervisor's district: 9, sheet number: 6B, page number: 128; enumeration date: June 9, 1900
- [S5218] Thomas, Mary Ann (Boyles) - Obituary, (originally published in The Burlington Hawk-Eye Gazette, page 20, August 1, 1952; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S260] Illinois Marriage Index 1763-1900 (Illinois State Archives) (Reliability: 3).