1863 - Yes, date unknown
||Emma Waers [1, 2] |
- The surname of daughter Opal Covington's mother, Emma, was not totally clear on the 1925 Iowa state census; ancestry.com reported it as "Waers" but it may have been something close but not that. It is just too difficult to tell.
|Iowa State Census
||Wirt, Ringgold County, Iowa 
- Emma Lee, age 30, born in Ohio, white
||Grand River, Decatur County, Iowa 
- Emma Lee, wife, white, female, born in July 1863, age 36, married, married for 17 years, mother of 2 (possibly 3, unclear) children, 1 (sic) of these children living (two are listed alive), born in Ohio, father born in Ohio, mother born in Ohio, could read, could write, could speak English
||Yes, date unknown
||31 Mar 2015 |
||George S. Lee, b. Aug 1857, Des Moines County, Iowa , d. Yes, date unknown |
||Between 1882 and 1883
||Mount Ayr, Ringgold County, Iowa 
- According to his daughter Opal's 1925 Iowa state census enumeration, both George and Emma were living at the time. In 1920 George appears to be rooming with a family in Fort Worth, Texas, working construction there. It is unknown where Emma may have been.
| ||1. Opal E. Lee, b. 15 Nov 1888, Missouri , d. Mar 1977|
| ||2. Phyllis E. Lee, b. Jun 1891, Ringgold County, Iowa , d. Yes, date unknown|
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S29] 1895 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Wirt, Ringgold County, Iowa
- [S38] 1925 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Decatur Township, Decatur County, Iowa; Roll: IA1925_1686
- [S54] 1900 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Grand River town, Richland Township, Decatur County, Iowa; enumeration district: 51, supervisor's district: 8, sheet number: 12A, page number: 349; enumeration date: June 20, 1900