1899 - 1976
||Clifford Wayne "Wayne" Wagg [1, 2] |
||1 Jan 1899
||Louisa County, Iowa [3, 4, 5]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||15 Jan 1976
||University Hospitals, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa 
||16 Jan 1976
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|the Muscatine Daily Journal |
- Wapello (IA) -- Wayne Wagg, 77, Wapello, died Thursday evening at University Hospitals, Iowa City. Funeral services are planned for 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home, under Pastor Elbert Larvick. Burial will be in Harrison Cemetery, near Wapello. Friends may call at the funeral home.
Born January 1, 1889, in Louisa County, he was a son of Frederick and Elsie Sellers Wagg. He lived her life in the area.
He married Lillian Westfall in October 1919. Mr. Wagg was for 27 years an employee of Farmers Elevator Company, Wapello, and retired in 1967.
Survivors include a son, Jim in Washburn; four daughters, Mary Eloise Traman, Denmark, Iowa, Juanita Salazer, Burlington, Jean Tucker, Iuna (sic), Illinois, and Donna Hayes, Oakville; 21 grandchildren; and four sisters, Nellie Allard, Monroe, Maxine Frack, Conesville, Dorothy Diller, Letts, and Ruth Rosce, Davenport. Two brothers, a sister, a son and a daughter preceded him in death.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Wayne Wagg; born: 1 January 1899; died: January 1976; last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); state where issued: Iowa
||Louisa County, Iowa, Cemetery Records  |
- Name: Wayne Wagg; Sex: M; Born: 0; Died or Buried: 0; Age: 0; Buried: Harrison (township = Port Louisa); County/State: Louisa, Iowa; Military Service: none; Book: LCC ©1990 - page P-15; Notes: (unmarked grave)
Wayne is buried in an unmarked grave.
||17 Jan 1976
||Edwards Cemetery, Oakville, Louisa County, Iowa [4, 6]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Fred Wagg, b. 29 Aug 1877, Iowa , d. 1950 |
||Elsie Sellers, b. Jun 1879, Iowa , d. 7 Apr 1962, Poage Nursing Home, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa |
||9 Mar 1898
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [5, 7, 8]
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Name: Fred Wagg; Spouse: Elsie Sellers; Marriage Date: 9 March 1898; County: Louisa; State: IA
- There were eight children from this marriage (according to daughter Elsie's obituary.
||Lillian Mae Westfall, b. 6 Jan 1899, Oakville, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 7 Nov 1976, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa |
||4 Oct 1919
||Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa 
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
| ||1. Mary Eloise Wagg, b. 18 Apr 1920, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 20 Mar 1999, University Hospitals, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
| ||2. Elizabeth Juanita "Juanita" Wagg, b. 2 May 1921, Port Louisa Township, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 10 Dec 2012, Great River Medical Center's Klein Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
| ||3. William Andrew Wagg, b. 1 Dec 1922, Port Louisa Township, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 18 Jun 1973, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa |
| ||4. Jean Verlie Wagg, b. 25 Aug 1925, Port Louisa Township, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 12 Nov 1989, Mount Vernon, Jefferson County, Illinois |
| ||5. James Dean "Jim" Wagg|
| ||6. Phyllis Louise Wagg, b. 13 Sep 1933, d. 22 Jun 1935, Iowa City Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
| ||7. Donna Mae Wagg, b. 31 Dec 1938, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 3 Jul 1995, Vencor Hospital, Sycamore, DeKalb County, Illinois |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S194] Walker, Vinnie (Westfall) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 8, September 24, 1976; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa).
- [S8613] Westfall, Jacob "Jack" - Obituaries (2), (originally published in two unknown southeast Iowa newspapers, April 1942).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index.
- [S8795] Wagg, Clifford "Wayne" - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Daily Journal, page 3, January 16, 1976; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S54] 1900 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Port Louisa Township, Louisa County, Iowa; enumeration district: 89, supervisor's district: 74, sheet number: 7A, page number: 119; enumeration date: June 25, 1900
- [S634] Louisa County, Iowa - Cemetery Records Through 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S38] 1925 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Wapello Township, Louia County Iowa; Roll: IA1925_1818
- [S26] Iowa Marriages, 1851-1900 (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).
- [S981] Wagg, Lillian Mae (Westfall) - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 8, November 8, 1976; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S980] Wagg, William Andrew - Obituary, (originally published in the Muscatine Journal, page 4, June 19, 1973; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).