1916 - 1994
||Helen June "June" Brandmeyer  |
||23 Jun 1916
||Henry County, Iowa [2, 3]
||19 Aug 1994
||Henry County Health Center, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa [2, 3]
||21 Aug 1994
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Mrs. June McKenzie, 78, of the Maple Leaf Apartments, Mount Pleasant, died at 4:58 p.m. Friday, August 19, 1994, at the Henry County Health Center.
Born June 23, 1916, in Henry County, she was the daughter of Walter and Hazel Moore Brandmeyer. She married Frank McKenzie June 17, 1940, at Waterloo. He died March 17, 1971.
She was a member of the Mount Pleasant VFW Auxiliary and worked many years at the Henry County Health Center. Surviving are two sons, Floyd McKenzie of Muscatine and Scott McKenzie of Mount Pleasant; three daughters, Mrs. Rose Johnson of Temple, Texas, Marvyl Craff of Brighton and Mrs. Hazel Ross of Burlington; 17 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren; one brother, Earl Brandmeyer of Mount Pleasant; three sisters, Ruth Dunn of Mount Pleasant, Shirley Simkins of Clinton and Thelma Turner of Prescott, Arizona.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, a sister and a grandson.
Visitation will begin at 10 a.m. Monday at the Beatty Funeral Home in Mount Pleasant.
The family will meet with friends after the funeral service Monday.
Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at the Beatty Funeral Home.
A memorial has been established.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Helen J. McKenzie; born: 23 June 1916; died: 19 August 1994; last residence: 52641 (Mount Pleasant, Henry, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 479-24-2657; state where issued: Iowa
||22 Aug 1994 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Frank Charles McKenzie, b. 27 Jun 1912, Iowa , d. 17 Mar 1971 |
||17 Jun 1940
||Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa [1, 3]
||20 Jun 1950
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
|The Mt. Pleasant News |
- Looking Backward: 10 years ago, Miss June Brandmeyer and Frank McKenzie were married in Waterloo.
- McKenzie, Floyd - Birthday Party
"Has Party on Fifth Birthday," a report of a birthday party given for Floyd McKenzie on his fifth birthday
originally published in the Mt. Pleasant News, page 2, August 24, 1950; Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa
Has Party on Fifth Birthday
Floyd McKenzie celebrated his 5th birthday Tuesday afternoon by having in a few friends. He received many nice gifts. The children were served ice cream, angelfood cake, oreangeade, candy, and nuts.
Those present were: Steven and Michael Young, Curtis and Philip Emerson, Jose Freese, Michael McKenzie, and Marvel, Rosetta, and Hazel McKenzie. John and Pat Coghland and Guy Lauser sent giftst but could not attend.
- Frank and June were very active in the Mt. Pleasant VFW.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S5059] McKenzie, Frank Charles and Helen "June" (Brandmeyer) - 10th Anniversary Announcement, (originally published in The Mt. Pleasant News, page 2, June 20, 1950; Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S5060] McKenzie, Helen "June" (Brandmeyer) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 9A, August 21, 1994; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).