1906 - 1977
||Clifford Ronald "Cliff" Brunk [1, 2, 3] |
||22 Apr 1906
||Cordell, Washita County, Oklahoma [1, 2, 4]
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa
- In 1952 Cliff worked for Pohren Electric in Burlington, Iowa.
||22 Jul 1977
||Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [1, 2, 4, 5]
||24 Jul 1977
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Clifford R. Brunk, 71, of 1223 South Garfield, died Friday, July 22, in Burlington Medical Center.
Born April 22, 1906, in Cordell, Oklahoma, he was the son of Homer and Cleo Bunnell Brunk. He married Zella Modrell September 12, 1926, in Ottumwa. He was an electrician and member of the electricians' union and Baptist church.
Surviving: the wife; five sons, Ronald, Dr. Larry and Steven, all of Burlington, Arnold, Revere, Missouri, Jerry, Kahoka, Missouri; a daughter, Mrs. Rosemary Moore, Burlington; 22 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren; two sisters, Mrs. Hettie Wagner, St. Louis, Missouri, Mrs. Dorothy York, Burlington.
Funeral: 1 p.m. Monday, Lunning Chapel, Reverend Walter Damrau; Aspen Grove cemetery. A memorial has been established to the Heart fund.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Clifford Brunk; born: 22 April 1906; died: July 1977; last residence: 52601 (Burlington, Des Moines, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 484-05-9497; state where issued: Iowa
||25 Jul 1977
||Aspen Grove Cemetery, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [2, 4, 6]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Zella Bell Modrell, b. 31 Dec 1910, Bloomfield, Davis County, Iowa , d. 21 Sep 1978, University Hospitals, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
||12 Sep 1926
||Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa [3, 5]
|Iowa Marriage Records
- Groom's Name: Clifford Ronald Brunk; Groom's Birth Date: 1904; Groom's Birthplace: Cordell, Oklahoma; Groom's Age: 22; Bride's Name: Zella Bell Modrell; Bride's Birth Date: 1905; Bride's Birthplace: Davis County, Iowa; Bride's Age: 21; Marriage Date: 12 September 1926; Marriage Place: Ottumwa, Wapello, Iowa; Groom's Father's Name: Homer Brunk; Groom's Mother's Name: Cleo Burnel; Bride's Father's Name: Ren S. Modrell; Bride's Mother's Name: Nasenie Or Naremie Good; Groom's Race: White; Groom's Marital Status: Single; Bride's Race: White; Bride's Marital Status: Single; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M02711-8; System Origin: Iowa-EASy; Source Film Number: 1765288; Reference Number: Pg 355
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa
|>||1. Ronald Eugene Brunk, b. 16 Jul 1927, Bloomfield, Davis County, Iowa , d. 27 Mar 1999, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Saint Louis, St. Louis (City), Missouri |
|>||2. Arnold Deaneen "Arnie" Brunk|
|>||3. Jerry Lee Brunk, b. 28 Dec 1933, Bloomfield, Davis County, Iowa , d. 21 Jun 2011, Clark Cunty Nursing Home, Kahoka, Clark County, Missouri |
|>||4. Dr. Larry Duane Brunk, b. 25 Jul 1935, Bloomfield, Davis County, Iowa , d. 12 Dec 2012, Genesis East Medical Center, Davenport, Scott County, Iowa |
|>||5. Rosemary A. Brunk, b. 16 Jul 1938, Bloomfield, Davis County, Iowa , d. 24 Apr 2012, Saint Luke's Hospital, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri |
|>||6. Steven Douglas Brunk|
||The Five Children of Clifford Ronald "Cliff" and Zella Bell (Modrell) Brunk in About 1940|
Child Steven Douglas Brunk was born later; but this photograph features the five oldest children of Cliff and Zella Brunk: Rosemary A., Lawrence Duane "Larry," Jerry Lee, Arnold Deaneen "Arnie," and Ronald Eugene Brunk (1927-1999)
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S8070] Brunk, Clifford Ronald "Cliff" - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 21, July 24, 1977; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13] Iowa Marriage Collection, 1809 -1992 (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S8001] Aspen Grove Cemetery Volume 9 Sec 320S-324, (published by the Iowa Genealogical Society, 1983, publication #0313; Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa), Section 324 (Reliability: 3).
- [S4999] Brunk, Zella Bell (Modrell) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 16, September 22, 1978; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4641] Aspen Grove Cemetery Indices, (published by the Iowa Genealogical Society, 1982, publications #0171 #0172; Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).