1908 - 1964
||Lawrence W. Pugh [1, 2, 3] |
||30 Jun 1908
||Arlington, Hancock County, Ohio [2, 3, 4]
|an unknown Ohio newspaper |
- Funeral services for Lawrence Pugh, who died unexpectedly at his home, 831 Beech Avenue, early Thursday, will be held in First Methodist Church at 2 p.m. tomorrow.
The Reverend Ezra Luessen will officiate and burial will be in Maple Grove Cemetery. The body is at the Kirpatrick Funeral Home, where friends may call until noon tomorrow.
Mr. Pugh, who came to Findlay from Arlington in 1930, had been principal of Lincoln School for 25 years. He was a member of First Methodist Church and a member of the church board, the Elks and Masonic lodges here.
He attended Ohio Northern University and was a graduate of Findlay College. He received his master's degree from Bowling Green State University and was a member of Phi Delta Kappa, national honorary education fraternity.
Mr. Pugh was president-elect of the Ohio Elementary Principal's Association.
Born in Arlington July 7, 1908, he was a son of Horton and Celia (Lease) Pugh. He married Glenna Yates April 19, 1930, and she survives.
Also surviving are a daughter, Mrs. Harry (Marilyn) Voigt, New York City, two grandchildren; sisters, Mrs. William H. (Lorena) Hartzell and Mrs. Fred (Elsie) Arn, Findlay, and Mrs. Victor (Cora) Briggs, Forest.
Two brothers preceded him in death.
||Findlay, Hancock County, Ohio [3, 4]
||Maple Grove Cemetery, Findlay, Hancock County, Ohio 
||8 Mar 2015 |
||Horton J. Pugh, b. 6 Apr 1876, Arlington, Hancock County, Ohio , d. 7 Oct 1929, Jackson Township, Hancock County, Ohio |
||Celia C. Lease, b. 3 May 1871, Jackson Township, Hancock County, Ohio , d. 2 Dec 1933, Findlay, Hancock County, Ohio |
||Glenna N. Yates, b. 27 Nov 1908, d. 10 Nov 1992 |
||19 Apr 1930 
||8 Mar 2015 |
- [S2300] Woodruff, Lilly - Email (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13319] Pugh, Lawrence W. - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown Ohio newspaper, December 1964 (or January 1965); republished at Find A Grave) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).