1898 - 1973
||Thomas Harold Steere [1, 2, 3] |
||23 Nov 1898
||Silkville, Franklin County, Kansas 
||11 Jul 1973
||Sayre, Beckham County, Oklahoma 
||13 Jul 1973
||Cheyenne Cemetery, Cheyenne, Roger Mills County, Oklahoma 
||19 Jul 1973
||Cheyenne, Roger Mills County, Oklahoma 
|the Cheyenne Star |
- (Republished online by Wanda Purcell at URL: http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.oklahoma.counties.rogermills/8067/mb.ashx:)
Thomas Harold Steere, 1500 North Sixth Street, Sayre, died at his home Wednesday, July 11, 1973. Funeral services were held Friday at 2:30 p.m. in the Church of Christ, Kenneth Free, minister and A. L. Martin officiated.
Born November 23, 1898, at Silkville, Kansas, Mr. Steere came to Cheyenne when a young man and was married July 3, 1921, to Sally Sue Trammell at Cheyenne. He was Conoco distributor at Cheyenne and when the Cheyenne and Sayre agencies were consolidated they moved to Sayre in 1956. He retired in 1971 and has participated in many civic activities. He is a member of Sayre Masonic Lodge No. 195, a 32nd degree Mason and a member of the Guthrie Consistory, past president of the Kiwanis club, a retired fire chief of Cheyenne, and former Cheyenne mayor. He served on the Cheyenne and Sayre school boards and was active as committeeman for the Boy Scouts in both cities. He was a member of the Church of Christ.
Survivors are his wife of the home; one daughter, Mrs. Juretta Drake of Oklahoma City; three sons, T. H. Jr. of Woodward, Bill C. of Corpus Christi, Texas, Dr. Bob F. of Joplin, Missouri; six grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Bessie Woodcock of LeRoy, Kansas.
Interment was in the Cheyenne Cemetery, Cheyenne, Roger Mills County, Oklahoma, with Rose Chapel Funeral Service in charge of arrangements. Graveside Masonic rites were held.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Thomas Steere; born: 23 November 1898; died: July 1973; last residence: 73662 (Sayre, Beckham, Oklahoma); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 440-10-0938; state where issued: Oklahoma
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Sallie Susan Trammell, b. 16 Apr 1904, Indian Territory , d. 18 Dec 1981, Deaconess Hospital, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma |
||3 Jul 1921
||Cheyenne, Roger Mills County, Oklahoma [3, 5]
- There were four children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S677] Trammell, Robert Lee "R. L." (Jr.) - Obituary (unknown Okla newspaper 1), (originally published in an unknown Oklahoma newspaper, June 1975) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4711] Trammell, Myra (Snow) - Obituary, (originally published in the Cheyenne Star, February 22, 1962; Cheyenne, Roger Mills County, Oklahoma) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4712] Steere, Sallie Susan (Trammell) - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown Oklahoma newspaper, December 1981) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S4713] Steere, Thomas Harold - Obituary, (originally published in the Cheyenne Star, July 19, 1973; Cheyenne, Roger Mills County, Oklahoma) (Reliability: 3).