1891 - 1975
||Mamie J. Cooper [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||9 Sep 1891
||Henry County, Iowa [1, 3, 4]
||Baltimore Township, Henry County, Iowa 
- Mamie J. Shipley, wife, female, white, age 37, married, age at first marriage 19, did not attend school since September 1929, could read and write, born in Iowa, father's birthplace Iowa, mother's birthplace Iowa, state code: 65, could speak English, occupation none
||12 Feb 1975
||Burlington Memorial Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa [1, 3, 4]
||13 Feb 1975
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa
|The Hawk Eye |
- New London (IA) -- Mamie J. Shipley, 83, died in Burlington Memorial hospital at 11 p.m. Wednesday, February 12.
A native of Henry county, she was born to Charles and Rosa Fetterman Cooper September 9, 1891. She married Wesley Shipley May 17, 1911, at Mt. Pleasant. Mrs. Shipley was a member of the New London United Methodist church, OES and the Arema club.
Surviving: The husband; son Robert Shipley, New London; daughter Margaret Brown, Springfield, Illinois; five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and two brothers and two sisters, Bate Collins, Fremont; James Collins, Burlington; and Sadie McGuire and Ellen Raines, both of New London.
Funeral: Elliot chapel, 2 p.m. Saturday; Reverend Edward Philgreen; Burge cemetery.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Mamie Shipley; born: 9 September 1891; died: February 1975; last residence: 52645 (New London, Henry, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 483-34-6576; state where issued: Iowa
||15 Feb 1975
||Burge Cemetery, New London, Henry County, Iowa [1, 4]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Wesley Shipley, b. 8 Jan 1891, Iowa , d. Apr 1981 |
||17 May 1911
||Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa [2, 4]
| ||1. Robert Dale Shipley, b. 8 Mar 1916, New London, Henry County, Iowa , d. 19 Jun 2001, Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa |
| ||2. Margaret Shipley, b. Between 1918 and 1919, Iowa , d. Yes, date unknown|
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S476] Burge Cemetery, Henry County, Iowa - Burials, (published by the Iowa Genealogical Society, 1987, publication #0335; Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S38] 1925 Iowa State Census (Reliability: 3).
Baltimore Township, Henry County Iowa; Roll: IA1925_1750
- [S266] New London, Iowa - New London Journal Centennial Edition Newspaper, M. Ruth (DeLong) Peterson, (published by The New London Journal on the occasion of the paper's centennial in 1975, Duane Griggs, editor; New London, Henry County, Iowa: composed and printed by The Hawk Eye; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa), page 202 (Reliability: 3).
- [S4586] Shipley, Mamie J. (Cooper) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 10, February 13, 1975; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Baltimore Township, Henry County, Iowa; enumeration district: 44-1, supervisor's district: 15; sheet number: 3B, page number: 103; enumeration date: April 11, 1930
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).