1892 - 1959
||Charles Alphonsus Nelson [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] |
||22 Jun 1891
||Iowa [2, 6]
||9 Jul 1892
||Henry County, Iowa [4, 5, 6]
||9 Jul 1893
||near Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa 
|Iowa Birth Records
- Name: Charles Alphonsus Nelson; Gender: Male; Birth Date: 9 July 1892; Birthplace: Iowa, Henry, Iowa; Father's Name: Nathan Nelson; Mother's Name: Kate White; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C04254-0; System Origin: Iowa-ODM; Gs Film Number: 965933
||Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- (Married to Rose A., living with her and children: Ruth M., John D., James, Marjory, and Mary C. Nelson:) Line number 68: dwelling number: 143, family number: 143: Charles A. Nelson, head of household, owned home, lived on a farm, male, white, age 39, married, age at first marriage 22, did not attend school since September 1929, could read and write, born in Iowa, father's birthplace Iowa, mother's birthplace Iowa, state code: 65, could speak English, occupation farmer, nature of industry general farm, occupation code VVVV, own account, actively employed at time of census, was not a veteran, number of farm in schedule: 120
||26 Jul 1959
||Alameda County, California [3, 4, 7]
||31 Jul 1959
||Saint Alphonsus Cemetery, Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa [3, 7]
||1 Aug 1959
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|The Muscatine Journal |
- Morning Sun (IA) -- Funeral services for Charles A. Nelson, 66, Oakland, California, were held Friday morning (July 31, 1959) at St. Alphonsus Catholic church, Mt. Pleasant.
Nelson, a former Morning Sun resident, died July 26 at Oakland, California.
Born near Mt. Pleasant on July 9, 1893, Nelson was married to Rose Hooner (sic) of Mt. Pleasant in 1912. In 1930 the family moved to Morning Sun and for six years lived on the farm now occupied by the Guy Hoobler family. In 1936 they moved to Oakland, California.
Survivors include three daughters, Mrs. Harold Kissinger, Morning Sun: Mrs. Marjorie Richardson, Burlington; and Mrs. Mary Catherine Stevens, Elgin Air Force Base, Florida; two sons, James Nelson, Los Angeles and John Nelson, Oakland, California; also, six grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Nelson was preceded in death by his wife.
|California Death Records
- Charles Alphonsus Nelson; born: July 9, 1892; father's surname: Nelson; sex: male; where born: Iowa; county where death occurred: Alameda(01); death date: July 26, 1959; age at time of death: 67 yrs.
||12 Feb 2014 |
||Agnes Rose "Rose" Hoover, b. 4 Oct 1889, Iowa , d. 9 Aug 1947, Richmond, Contra Costa County, California |
||Abt 1911 
- There were five children from this marriage (only four were mentioned in Ruth (Nelson) Kissinger's obituary, but there were five in the 1930 federal census).
|>||1. Ruth Marguerite Nelson, b. 11 Jul 1913, York County, Nebraska , d. 8 Apr 1995, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S1874] Kissinger, Ruth Marguerite (Nelson) - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown southeast Iowa newspaper, probably The Wapello Republican, April 1995) (Reliability: 3).
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa; enumeration district: 58-11, supervisor's district: 16; sheet number: 6B, page number: 86; enumeration date: May 20, 1930
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S535] California Death Records 1940 - 1997 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3215] Iowa Births and Christenings, Iowa County Births (Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S337] World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 (ancestry.com and Family Search) (Reliability: 3).
- [S12937] Nelson, Charles Al - Obituary, (originally published in The Muscatine Journal, page 9, August 1, 1959, Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).