1925 - 2000
||Fred William Johnstone, Jr.  |
||4 Aug 1925
||Kennett, Shasta County, California [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Kennett, Shasta County, California 
- Fred W. Johnstone, son, male, white, age 4, single, did not attend school since September 1929, born in California, father's birthplace Idaho, mother's birthplace California, state code: 98, occupation none
|World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
||26 Oct 1943
||Sacramento, Sacramento County, California 
- Name: Fred W. Johnstone; Birth Year: 1925; Race: White, citizen (White); State: California; County or City: Shasta
Enlistment Date: 26 October 1943; Enlistment State: California; Enlistment City: Sacramento; Branch: No branch assignment; Branch Code: No branch assignment; Grade: Private; Grade Code: Private; Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law; Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men); Source: Civil Life
Education: 3 years of high school; Civil Occupation: Student Codes 0x, 2x, 4x and 6x as pertain to students will be converted, for machine records purposes, to the code number 992.; Marital Status: Single, without dependents; Height: 0; Weight: 0; Weight: 145
||Anderson, Shasta County, California 
|Shasta County, California |
- Johnstone, Fred, Churn Creek Road, phone 365-7234
||7 Jan 2000
||Mercy Medical Center, Redding, Shasta County, California [3, 4]
||11 Jan 2000
||Redding, Shasta County, California 
|The Redding Record Searchlight |
- Anderson (CA) -- Services for Fred William Johnstone Jr., 74, of Anderson will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at McDonald's Funeral Chapel in Redding.
The Reverend Dennis Benfield of Happy Valley Baptist Church will officiate.
Burial will be at Redding Cemetery.
Mr. Johnstone died Friday, January 7, 2000, at Mercy Medical Center in Redding.
Born August 4, 1925, in Kennett, he was a lifelong resident of Shasta County.
He was a former mill-worker for Champion Plywood in Anderson, a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, a member of the Anderson VFW Post 9650 and a past member of the Shasta Lake City Volunteer Fire Department.
Survivors include wife Betty; sons George Vanderpool Jr. of Redding and Mike Magee Sr. of Red Bluff; five grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions can be made to American Lung Association, 2732 Cohasset Road Suite A, Chico, CA 95926.
Arrangements are being handled by McDonald's Redding Chapel.
Copyright (c) 2000, Redding Record Searchlight (CA)
|Social Security Administration Information
- Fred W. Johnstone; born: 4 August 1925; died: 7 January 2000 (V); last residence: 96007 (Anderson, Shasta, California); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 546-30-6029; state where issued: California
|California Death Records
- Name: Fred William Johnstone; Born: August 4, 1925; Mother's Last Name: Anderline; Sex: Male; Where Born: California; County Where Death Occurred: Shasta; Died: January 7, 2000; Social Security #: 546-30-6029;Age: 74; ID Number: 0
||U.S. Veterans Gravesites  |
- Fred W. Johnstone; PFC US ARMY WORLD WAR II; 4 August 1925; 7 January 2000; Redding Cemetery; 1201 Continental Street 530-241-1168 Redding, CA 96001
||12 Jan 2000
||Redding Cemetery, Shasta County, California 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Fred William Johnstone, Sr., b. 10 Nov 1888, Martin, Idaho Territory , d. 25 Jul 1962, Redding, Shasta County, California |
||Emily Jane Anderlini, b. 25 Oct 1903, Weaverville, Trinity County, California , d. 13 Feb 1977, Redding, Shasta County, California |
||15 Sep 1922
||Weaverville, Trinity County, California [9, 10]
|Shasta County, California Marriage Records
- Name, age: Anderlini, Emily J., 18; Spouse, age: Johnstone, Fred W., 33; Date: September 15, 1922; bk-pg: S-394
||Vivian E. (Unknown) |
||Y  |
|California Divorce Records
||Shasta County, California 
- Name: Fred W. Johnstone; Spouse Name: Vivian E. Johnstone; Location: Shasta; Date: September 1970
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S77] 1930 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Kennett city, Shasta County, California; enumeration district: 45-9, supervisor's district: 2; sheet number: 1A, page number: 203; enumeration date: April 2, 1930
- [S588] Veromi Report (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S11166] Johnstone, Fred William (Jr.) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Redding Record Searchlight, January 11, 2000; Redding, Shasta County, California) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4404] World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 (ancestry.com and FamilySearch) (Reliability: 3).
- [S11167] Shasta County, California City Directory 1977 (ancestry.com), page 8 (Reliability: 3).
- [S8317] California Death Records (Vitalsearch.com) (Reliability: 3).
- [S5113] U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006 (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).
- [S94] LDS Online Record, Ancestral file online at the LDS submitted by Elden Ralph Alger, Beryl Brewer, John L. Woods, Marion Stafford Dees. (Reliability: 3).
- [S743] Shasta County, California Marriages 1854-1930 (Rootsweb) (Reliability: 3).
- [S272] California Divorce Index 1960-1984 (ancestry.com and Family Search) (Reliability: 3).