1918 - 2006
||Kathryn Eileen Dotson  |
||4 Aug 1918
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3]
||13 Nov 2006
||ManorCare Health Services, Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa [2, 3, 4]
||14 Nov 2006
||Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa 
|the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier |
- CEDAR FALLS -- Kathryn E. Julien, 88, of Waterloo, formerly of Cedar Falls, died Monday, November 13, at ManorCare Health Services, Waterloo; services 1 p.m. Thursday at Dahl-Van Hove-Schoof Funeral Home, 266-7525, with burial in Hillside Cemetery; visitation 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday and for an hour before services Thursday at the funeral home.
|U.S. Public Records Index
- Name: Kathryn E. Julien; Birth Date: 4 August 1918; Address: 1220 West 9th Street; City: Cedar Falls; State: Iowa; Zip Code: 50613
|Social Security Administration Information
- Julien, Kathryn E; born: 4 August 1918; died: 13 November 2006 (V); age: 88; last residence: 50613 (Cedar Falls, Black Hawk, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
- Kathryn Eileen (Dotson) Julien's grave is located at the Hillside Cemetery in Cedar Falls, Blackhawk County, Iowa. The epitaph on the stone is: "Kathryn Eileen Julien; 1918 - 2006. A friend to everyone."
The record with her headstone and Find A Grave online is:
Birth: August 4, 1918, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa, USA
Death: November 13, 2006, Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa, USA
Daughter of Walter E. & Pearl B. Houtz Dotson
Burial: Hillside Cemetery, Cedar Falls, Black Hawk County, Iowa, USA
||The Headstone of Kathryn Eileen (Dotson) Julien
||16 Nov 2006
||Hillside Cemetery, Cedar Falls, Black Hawk County, Iowa [3, 4]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Walter Elsworth Dotson, b. 21 Jul 1890, Newport, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 14 Jan 1930, Quincy, Adams County, Illinois |
||Pearl Beatrice Houtz, b. 17 Sep 1897, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 26 Jun 1985, Cottage Grove, Lane County, Oregon |
||4 Aug 1918
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
- There does not seem to be any record of this marriage. Daughter, Kathryn Eileen Dotson, was born about the same time as this marriage. Pearl was listed as single in 1920 census, as was Walter, both living with their respective parents. Pearl was listed as widowed and Pearl Dotson in the 1925 Iowa state census, working as a nurse. Daughter Kathryn is not yet found in 1920, 1925, or 1930. She is mentioned in Pearl's second husband's obituary as a stepdaughter. Neither she nor Pearl were mentioned in Walter's obituary.
- [S1991] World Connect - HOUTZ, MELLINGER, SCHREINER, FARIS: dschrein, (last updated: Thu Jan 27 15:32:58 2000, contact Diane Schreiner) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S11153] Julien, Kathryn E. (Dotson) - Death Notice, (originally published in the online edition of the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, November 14, 2006; Waterloo, Black Hawk County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S71] U.S. Public Records Index (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).
- [S11154] Julien, Kathryn Eileen (Dotson) - Headstone Photograph, (her grave is at the Hillside Cemetery in Cedar Falls, Blackhawk County, Iowa; photo provided courtesy of "Lynn Schneider" at Find A Grave (web site); Memorial #: 16818795) (Reliability: 3).