1900 - 1967
||David William Valandingham Houtz [1, 2] |
||14 Sep 1900
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
- David W. V. Houtz, son, male, white, age 10, single, birthplace Iowa, father's birthplace Iowa, mother's birthplace Indiana, could speak English, occupation none, could read, could write, attended school since September 1909
||14 Sep 1967
||Morning Sun Manor, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3, 4, 5]
|Cause: cancer |
||15 Sep 1967
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|The Muscatine Journal |
- Wapello (IA) -- David William Houtz. 67, of Wapello, died at 9:15 a.m. Thursday (September 14, 1967) at Morning Sun Manor nursing home following a lingering illness.
He was born September 14, 1900, at Wapello, the son of the late William B. and Olive Willing Houtz. He married Anna Mae Fry on March 21, 1925, at Wapello and was a resident of Louisa County for 45 years. He formerly lived at Burlington. Houtz was a carpenter.
Surviving are: his wife, Anna, three sons, Robert of Lakewood, California, Vernon of Grandview and Dennis of Columbus Junction: one daughter, Mrs. Janet McArtor of Vandalia, Illinois: two brothers, George of Burlington and Maurice in Kansas: two sisters. Pearle Hollanbeck (sic) in California and Mrs. Fern Gragonier in Kansas; and 14 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother and one sister.
Funeral services will he conducted at 2 p.m. Sunday at Dudgeon-McCulley funeral home at Wapello with Reverend Robert Dodder of Wapello Methodist church officiating. Burial will be at Memorial Park cemetery. Burlington. Friends may call from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
|Social Security Administration Information
- David Houtz; born: 14 September 1900; died: September 1967; last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); Social Security #: 484-14-1738; state where issued: Iowa
||Burlington Memorial Park Cemetery Book records  |
- Name: David W. Houtz; Born: 1900; Died: 1967; Epitaph contains: husband of Anna M.; Interred: 09/17/1967; Garden: Acacia Lawn; Lot: 162; Space: 4
||17 Sep 1967
||Burlington Memorial Park Cemetery, West Burlington Township, Des Moines County, Iowa [3, 4]
||31 Mar 2015 |
||William Benjamin Houtz, b. 9 Apr 1867, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 1 Dec 1933, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa |
||Olive Viola Willing, b. 24 Sep 1875, LaPorte, LaPorte County, Indiana , d. 26 Oct 1943, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||28 Sep 1892
||Red Cloud, Webster County, Nebraska 
||Anna Mae Fry, b. 14 Jan 1907, Allen, Dixon County, Nebraska , d. 22 Jan 2007, Wapello Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa |
||21 Mar 1925
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [3, 5]
- There were four children from this marriage.
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|Polk's Burlington (Des Moines County, Iowa) City Directory |
- David V. Houtz (Anna M) feed grinder, h305 Summer (WB) telephone 2904
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S72] 1910 US Census (Reliability: 3).
Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa; enumeration district: 101, supervisor's district: 1, sheet number: 9A, page number: 175; enumeration date: May 10, 1910
- [S1991] World Connect - HOUTZ, MELLINGER, SCHREINER, FARIS: dschrein, (last updated: Thu Jan 27 15:32:58 2000, contact Diane Schreiner) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4455] Houtz, David William Valandingham - Obituary, (originally published in The Muscatine Journal, page 13, September 15, 1967; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4000] Burlington Memorial Park Cemetery Records, (published by the Iowa Genealogical Society, 1983 & 2000, publication #0323; Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4454] Houtz, Anna Mae (Fry) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, January 24, 2007; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S81] Burlington, Iowa, - City Directory 1942, (R. L. Polk & Company, Publishers, 500 Karbach Block, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska. Copyright, 1942, by R. L. Polk & Co.), page 108 (Reliability: 3).