1913 - 1983
||John Wesley Walsinger [1, 2] |
||28 Oct 1913
||Louisa County, Iowa [2, 3]
||2 Feb 1983
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa [1, 2]
|Cause: apparently a heart attack |
||3 Feb 1983
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Wapello (IA) -- John Wesley Walsinger, 69, Wapello, died of an apparent heart attack Wednesday, February 2, at Wapello.
He was born October 28, 1913, in Louisa County to Henry and Rhoda James Walsinger. He married Mary Schultz January 2, 1941, at Davenport.
He was a truck driver and worked for many years for the Louisa County Maintenance department. He was a veteran of army service in World War II.
Surviving: Wife; two daughters, Donna Garland and Elsie Hussel, both of Wapello; three granddaughters; brother, Walter, Moline, Illinois.
Funeral: 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Dudgeon-McCulley funeral home, the Reverend Gordon Watson; Wapello Cemetery. A memorial for the Wapello Rescue Unit was established.
|Social Security Administration Information
- John Walsinger; born: 28 October 1913; died: February 1983; last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); Social Security #: 479-07-0744; state where issued: Iowa
||5 Feb 1983
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Mary Schultz, b. 20 Sep 1923, Oakville, Louisa County, Iowa , d. 10 Aug 1997, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||2 Jan 1941
||Davenport, Scott County, Iowa [1, 2]
- There were two children from this marriage.
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S4446] Wright, Mary (Schultz/Walsinger) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, August 12, 1997; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S4451] Walsinger, John Wesley - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 16, February 3, 1983; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).