1925 - 2006
||Geneva Grey Kniceley [1, 2] |
||25 Jul 1925
||Caress, Braxton County, West Virginia [1, 2, 3]
|an unknown Ohio newspaper |
- Geneva Grey Kniceley Bright, 80, of Akron, Ohio, formerly of Braxton County (West Virginia), passed away on April 3, 2006.
She was a native of Caress, West Virginia, a graduate of West Virginia Wesleyan University, and had lived in Akron since 1948. She had retired from NEFCO after many years of service and a lifetime member of the Chapel and a volunteer at the NEC World Series of Golf for 15 years.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 38 years, Lawrence Gordon Bright, parents, Warder Boyd and Gracie Maude (Hudkins) Kniceley, siblings, Boyd, Ruby King, Ray, Nolan and Verd.
She is survived by sons Larry (Marcia) and Jim (Katie); 8 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild, as well as brothers, Warren, Kenneth and Oscar.
Funeral services were held on Saturday April 8, 2006 at 3:00 p.m. at Stockert-Gibson Funeral Home in Flatwoods, West Virginia. Burial will be in the Kniceley Cemetery in Caress.
||3 Apr 2006
||Akron, Summit County, Ohio [2, 3, 4]
||4 Apr 2006
|Social Security Administration Information
- Geneva G. Bright; born: 25 July 1925; died: 4 April 2006 (V); last residence: 44301 (Akron, Summit, Ohio); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: West Virginia or North Carolina
||6 Apr 2006
||Kniceley Cemetery, Braxton County, West Virginia [2, 3]
||12 Mar 2015 |
||Warder Boyd Kniceley, b. 27 Feb 1888, Caress, Braxton County, West Virginia , d. 2 Dec 1952 |
||Gracie Maud "Maud" Hudkins, b. 19 Apr 1893, Braxton County, West Virginia , d. 17 Apr 1966 |
||16 May 1913
- (This date is incorrect.)
|West Virginia Marriage Records
||7 May 1914
||Braxton County, West Virginia 
- Marriage License. West Virginia: Page 237; County of Braxton. To-wit: To any person licensed to Celebrate Marriages: You are hereby authorized to join together in the holy state of Matrimony; according to the Rites and Ceremonies of your Church or Religious Denomination, and the laws of the State of West Virginia, Mr. Warder D. Kniceley and Miss G. Maud Hudkins. Given under my hand, as Clerk of the County Court of the County of Braxton, this 7th day of May 1914. E. W. Hefner, Clerk County Court of Braxton County. Clerk's Certificate: Preliminary inquiries and answers thereto, made and ascertained by E. W. Hefner/Clerk of the County Court of the County of Braxton, State of West Virginia relative to Mr. Warder D. Kniceley of Braxton County, and State of West Virgina, to whom the accompanying Marriage License is issued. The Full Names of the Parties are as Follows: His full name is Warder Kniceley, Her full name is G. Maud Hudkins; His age is 26, Her age is 21, He was born in Braxton County, State of West Virgina; She was born in Braxton County, State of West Virgina; His place of residence is Braxton County, West Virginia; Her place of residence is Braxton County, West Virginia; The name of the party giving the foregoing information [is] N. M. Kniceley of Braxton County, State of West Virgina. Given under my hand this 7th day of May, 1914. E. W. Hefner, Clerk County Court. Minister's Return or Endorsement. I, L. F. Linger, a Minister of the U. B. Church do certify that, on the 10th day of May, 1914, at the residence of Henry Hudkins, I united in Marriage the above named and described parties, under authority of the foregoing license. L. F. Linger (signature)
||10 May 1914
||Braxton County, West Virginia 
||The Marriage License of Warder Boyd Kniceley and Gracie "Maud" Hudkins|
Warder and Maud were married May 10, 1914, in Braxton County, West Virginia.
- [S2307] World Connect - goodwin: :1904228, (last updated: Thu Feb 7 19:19:45 2002, contact Peggy Goodwin) (Reliability: 3).
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S13349] Bright, Geneva Grey (Kniceley) - Obituary, (originally published in an unknown Ohio newspaper, April 2006; republished at Find A Grave) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S880] West Virginia Marriage Licenses (Reliability: 3).