1925 - 2007
||Floyd Orville Billingsley [2, 3] |
||27 Nov 1925
||Henry County, Iowa [4, 5]
- He was married before Bernice, as son Boyd was born in about 1952. He remarried after Bernice's death to Laura Jean Bird Dawson.
||11 Feb 2007
||Heartland Manor, Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois 
||14 Feb 2007
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Floyd O. Billingsley, 81, of Oquawka, Illinois, died at 5:10 p.m. Sunday, February 11, 2007, at Heartland Manor in Galesburg, Illinois.
Born November 27, 1925, in Henry County, he was the son of Howard B. and Zeffa Nichols Billingsley. On February 25, 1961, he married Bernice Maxine Perdue. She died May 1, 1995. In January 1998 he married Laura Jean Bird Dawson in Fairfield. She died January 29, 2007.
Mr. Billingsley farmed in Henry County, worked at the Iowa Army Ammunition Plant and was a carpenter for Local Union 534 in Burlington before retiring in 1992. He was reared and educated in Henry County and the Hillsboro area. He enjoyed woodworking and his projects included building cabinets and trunks. He also enjoyed mushroom hunting, fishing, hunting raccoons and gardening.
Survivors include one son, Boyd Billingsley of North Carolina; several grandchildren; great-grandchildren; great-great-grandchildren; two brothers, Raymond Billingsley of Trenton and Kenneth Billingsley of Fairfield; and nieces and nephews.
Besides his wives, he was preceded in death by his parents, one daughter, one great-grandson, three sisters and four brothers.
Visitation will be Thursday and Friday at Turnbull Funeral Home in Oquawka, where the family will receive friends from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Friday prior to the service.
The funeral for Mr. Billingsley will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Turnbull Funeral Home with the Reverend Jim Bennett officiating. Burial will be in the Olena Cemetery.
Memorials have been established for Henderson County Health Department and Oquawka Ambulance.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Name: Floyd O. Billingsley; Last Residence: 61469 Oquawka, Henderson, Illinois; Born: 27 November 1925; Died: 11 February 2007; State (Year) SSN issued: Iowa (Before 1951)
||16 Feb 2007
||Olena Cemetery, Olena, Henderson County, Illinois 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Bernice Maxine Perdue, b. 13 Jan 1917, Biggsville, Henderson County, Illinois , d. 1 May 1995, Burlington Medical Center, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||25 Feb 1961
||Fairfield, Jefferson County, Iowa [2, 5]
||21 Jan 2014 |
- [S588] Veromi Report (Reliability: 3).
- [S4131] Billingsley, Bernice Maxine (Perdue) - Obituary, (originally published in The Hawk Eye, page 7A, May 2, 1995; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3331] World Connect - Perdue Genealogy and Related Families: don1936, (last updated: 2007-02-09 00:51:04 UTC (Fri), contact Don Perdue) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S4132] Billingsley, Floyd O. - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, February 14, 2007; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S102] Brumm, Dennis William (Reliability: 3).