1921 - 1999
||Arlin T. "Wally" Wollenhaupt [1, 2] |
||25 Aug 1921
||Cumberland, Cass County, Iowa 
||Elliott, Montgomery County, Iowa 
|Elliott High School in Elliott |
- Arlin was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Army.
||12 Sep 1999
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||13 Sep 1999
||Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa 
|The Hawk Eye |
- Arlin T. Wollenhaupt, 78, of Wapello, died Sunday, September 12, 1999, at his home.
Born August 25, 1921, in Cumberland, he was the son of George E. and Neva Titus Wollenhaupt. On March 28, 1942, he married Myrtle Lewis in Maryville, Missouri.
Mr. Wollenhaupt was a 1938 graduate of Elliott High School in Elliott. He was a World War II Army veteran, serving with the finance department in Europe. Following the war, he worked for 54 years for the State Bank of Wapello.
He was a member of United Methodist Church at Wapello, Indian Hills Golf and Country Club, Louisa Flying Club and was a charter member of the Wapello Development Corporation. He was a member of Wapello Lodge No. 5 A.F. & A.M., Veterans of Foreign Wars Glenn Allen Post 5166 of Wapello and was a 50-year member of Louisa Lodge No. 19 I.O.O.F.. He coached Little League (Baseball) and enjoyed woodworking and gardening.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Connie Taylor of Wapello and Kim Adney of Olympia, Washington; one son, Kent Wollenhaupt of Wapello; seven grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; one brother, Burton Wollenhaupt of Elliott; and one son-in-law.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one daughter and two sisters.
Visitation will begin after 10 a.m. Tuesday in Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home in Wapello, where the family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m.
The funeral for Mr. Wollenhaupt will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday in United Methodist Church at Wapello, with the Reverends Harlan W. Winter and John Ling officiating. Burial with military rites by the Wapello VFW will be in Wapello Cemetery.
A memorial for the local community has been established.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Arlin T. Wollenhaupt; born: 25 August 1921; died: 12 September 1999 (V); last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
||15 Sep 1999
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
- [S3950] Wollenhaupt, Arlin T. "Wally" - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, September 13, 1999; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S6306] Devore, James Smith - Obituary, (originally published at the Ralph J. Wittich-Riley-Freers Funeral Home web site, January 2012; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).