1943 - 2005
||Connie Kay Wollenhaupt [1, 2, 3] |
||7 May 1943
||Red Oak, Montgomery County, Iowa [1, 3, 4, 5]
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|Wapello High School |
||Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa 
|the Ralph J. Wittich-Riley-Freers Funeral Home web site |
- Connie Kay Taylor, 62, Wapello, died Tuesday, November 1, 2005, at Mercy Hospital, Iowa City. Funeral services 1:30 p.m. Friday, November 4, United Methodist Church, Wapello. The Reverends Sue-Ellen Sherman and Harlan W. Winter will officiate the services. Burial will be at the Wapello Cemetery. Visitation will be from noon-8 p.m. Thursday, November 3, with famiy present from 6-8 p.m., Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home, Wapello. A memorial fund has been established for the Relay for Life and the United Methodist Church Puppet Ministry.
Mrs. Taylor was born May 7, 1943, in Red Oak, the daughter of A. T. "Wally" and Myrtle "Myrt" Lewis Wollenhaupt. She married Richard "Dick" Taylor on June 6, 1963, in Elmwood, Illinois.
She graduated from Wapello High School in 1961 and furthered her education to become a LPN at Mercy Hospital, Iowa City. She was dedicated to children and lovingly welcomed them into her home and her life by providing day care for countless families in the area for more than 37 years. She loved to spend time with her family, go to Iowa Hawkeye football games, travel, golf and garden. She was particularly fond of her roses. Her other passions included playing the piano and organ at Wapello United Methodist Church, where she was a life-long member. She was very active in the ministries and Bible studies of her church and loved working with the area children in the puppet ministry. The annual Relay for Life was a very important project for her during her years of battling cancer.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Susan Jones and husband Stuart of Lexington, South Carolina; two sons, Jeff Taylor and wife Kelly of Pella and Doug Taylor and wife Debbie of Wapello; eight grandchildren; her mother, Myrtle Wollenhaupt of Wapello; a sister, Kim Adney and husband Ken of Olympia, Washington; a brother, Kent Wollenhaupt and wife Margaret of Wapello; her mother-in-law, Dorothy Taylor of Wapello; and a sister-in-law, Teri Clark and husband Bruce of Apple Valley, Minnesota. She was preceded in death by her father; a sister, Anne Volkman; and her father-in-law, Robert Taylor.
|Social Security Administration Information
- Taylor, Connie; born: 7 May 1943; died: 1 November 2005 (V); age: 62; last residence: 52653 (Wapello, Louisa, Iowa); last benefit: (none specified); state where issued: Iowa
||1 Nov 2005
||Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa [3, 4, 6]
||4 Nov 2005
||Wapello Cemetery, Wapello Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||31 Mar 2015 |
||Connie Kay (Wollenhapt) Taylor|
Connie Taylor, daughter of Arlin T. "Wally" Wolenhaupt (1921-1999) and Myrtle "Myrt" (Lewis) Wollenhaupt, was born May 17, 1943 in Red Oak, Iowa. She married Richard L. "Dick" Taylor. Connie died November 1, 2005.
- [S3706] Zaba Search (Reliability: 3).
- [S3950] Wollenhaupt, Arlin T. "Wally" - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, September 13, 1999; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3948] Taylor, Connie Kay (Wollenhaupt) - Obituary, (originally published at the Ralph J. Wittich-Riley-Freers Funeral Home web site, November 2005; Muscatine, Muscatine County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).
- [S776] Social Security Death Index (Reliability: 3).
- [S71] U.S. Public Records Index (ancestry.com) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3946] Taylor, Dorothy Lea (Eubanks) - Obituary, (originally published in the online edition of The Hawk Eye, November 27, 2010; Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).