1829 - 1907
||Jacob Swafford  |
||8 Apr 1829
||Henry County, Indiana 
||4 May 1907
||Louisa County, Iowa 
||5 May 1907
||south of Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
||6 May 1907
||Concord Cemetery, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, Iowa 
||10 May 1907
||Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa 
|The Wapello Tribune |
- Jacob Swafford died Sunday morning (May 5, 1907) at the home of his son, George Swafford, south of town, after two weeks' illness. The funeral services were held at the home Monday afternoon, conducted by Reverend C. R. Zimmerman. The internment was at Concord cemetery.
Mr. Swafford was born in Ohio seventy-eight years ago. He has been a resident of Iowa for twenty-one years, most of these years being a resident of Eliot township, near Oakville. Some two years ago he came to this vicinity to make his home with his son, George.
He leaves three sons to morn his death, Vic Swafford, George Swafford, and Carl Swafford, living near Wapello.
||13 Feb 2014 |
||Henrietta Huff, b. 2 Feb 1833, Augusta County, Virginia , d. 9 Feb 1916, Allerton, Wayne County, Iowa |
||16 Nov 1854
||Mercer County, Illinois 
- There were ten children from this marriage.
|>||1. Victor Cezal Swafford, b. 8 Feb 1863, New Boston, Mercer County, Illinois , d. 7 May 1939, Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
|>||2. Effie Swafford, b. 24 May 1866, Illinois , d. 9 Aug 1905, northeast of Morning Sun, Louisa County, Iowa |
| ||3. George L. Swafford, b. 24 Apr 1868, New Boston, Mercer County, Illinois , d. 23 Jan 1953, Moline, Rock Island County, Illinois |
|>||4. Clair Swafford, b. 27 Sep 1876, near New Boston, Mercer County, Illinois , d. 3 Nov 1954, Mercy Hospital, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa |
||13 Feb 2014 |
- [S426] Find A Grave (web site) (Reliability: 3).
- [S3865] World Connect - My Swafford & Knouse Connections: swa-her62, (last updated: 2011-04-17 00:21:04 UTC (Sun), contact sharon t) (Reliability: 3).
- [S12959] Swafford, Jacob - Obituary, (originally published in The Wapello Tribune, front page, May 10, 1907; Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa) (Reliability: 3).